Some statistics on Wii U / PS4 / XB1 sales

#41EoinPosted 8/6/2014 1:05:52 AM
Gamerguymass posted...
You know MS only reports shipped numbers right?

Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony all report shipped numbers in their financial reports.
#42AstralFrost(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 1:06:01 AM
Gamerguymass posted...
AstralFrost posted...
Mandrew257 posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
The PS4 is doing really well.

Hard to say why, as it has pretty much jack all.

Hype. And internet articles constantly putting down Wii U and X1, and praising PS4 at every given chance.

Well its got better specs and therefore better potential than both.

Specs have never mattered before when it comes to consoles. I know the fans, and even the companies, like to hype them up like they do, but history has proven otherwise. Better specs doesn't mean better games. Nor does it mean the potential for better games. Any developer worth a damn can make an amazing game regardless of specs. Just look at rising popularity of indie games, most of which could be made for the N64.

"Specs don't matter"

Wii U got gimped or no multiplats due to not being able to handle PS4/XB1 titles and thats a good part of the reason its selling so poorly. Seems like they matter to me.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#43AvirosbPosted 8/6/2014 1:08:56 AM
AstralFrost posted...
"Specs don't matter"

Wii U got gimped or no multiplats due to not being able to handle PS4/XB1 titles and thats a good part of the reason its selling so poorly. Seems like they matter to me.

A lot of multiplat titles get gimped in order to be able to run on the PS4 and XB1 as well, so that can't be it.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#44squatch22Posted 8/6/2014 1:09:27 AM
AstralFrost posted...
Gamerguymass posted...
AstralFrost posted...
Mandrew257 posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
The PS4 is doing really well.

Hard to say why, as it has pretty much jack all.

Hype. And internet articles constantly putting down Wii U and X1, and praising PS4 at every given chance.

Well its got better specs and therefore better potential than both.

Specs have never mattered before when it comes to consoles. I know the fans, and even the companies, like to hype them up like they do, but history has proven otherwise. Better specs doesn't mean better games. Nor does it mean the potential for better games. Any developer worth a damn can make an amazing game regardless of specs. Just look at rising popularity of indie games, most of which could be made for the N64.

"Specs don't matter"

The most powerful systems have NEVER sold the most in the past
---
I now have 2 followers (Or 1 and his alt) that think I live with my mum who died in 2002.
#45Mandrew257Posted 8/6/2014 1:10:24 AM
Avirosb posted...
AstralFrost posted...
"Specs don't matter"

A lot of multiplat titles get gimped in order to be able to run on the PS4 and XB1 as well, so that can't be it.

This. And as I already told him: If people bought consoles based on specs, they'd all be gaming on PC.
---
Even if Roy doesn't make it into the next Smash bros, Roy's still our boy.
PSN/NNID: Mandrew257. Feel free to add me :)
#46SabramPosted 8/6/2014 1:12:19 AM
could you do PS2, Xbox, and Wii as well so I can see those numbers and compare them?
---
Dark Souls 2 + Dragon's Crown crossover game needs to happen.
PSN: Sabram - NNID: Sabram - Gamertag: Sabram
#47AstralFrost(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 1:12:59 AM
squatch22 posted...

How are those updated figures coming along, or have we moved on from that?
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#48AstralFrost(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 1:14:18 AM
Sabram posted...
could you do PS2, Xbox, and Wii as well so I can see those numbers and compare them?

Sure, I'll whip them up.

I'll have to figure out a reasonable end date though or it will distort the figures.
---
#49squatch22Posted 8/6/2014 1:14:59 AM
AstralFrost posted...
squatch22 posted...

How are those updated figures coming along, or have we moved on from that?

U already know VGLolz isn't accurate
---
I now have 2 followers (Or 1 and his alt) that think I live with my mum who died in 2002.
#50donkeyjackPosted 8/6/2014 1:15:03 AM
Mandrew257 posted...
Avirosb posted...
AstralFrost posted...
"Specs don't matter"

This. And as I already told him: If people bought consoles based on specs, they'd all be gaming on PC.

PC aren't consoles. Consoles make more profit for the devs.
---
http://imgur.com/Hwg6GCx http://imgur.com/Oag0IWV http://imgur.com/Z612GMZ
http://imgur.com/aljoKDS