when do you think we'll finally start getting the awesome indie games?

#1Dark_Link92Posted 8/6/2014 1:39:24 AM
I've been looking forward to New n Tasty, Teslagrad, Pier Solar, A Hat in Time, and probably others for months, and I'm sure they were all set for Q1 at some point. I know we're finally getting some good first party games, but Nintendo have been talking about how indie-conscious they are for ages. If they want indie games so badly, why not step in and help fund or develop some of them in return for exclusivity or something?
---
2/8/2014- I officially predict Ridley playable in Smash 4. If he's not, I'll quietly change my signature and no one needs to remind me of this ever again.
#2NathanmgPosted 8/6/2014 1:45:46 AM
Dark_Link92 posted...
If they want indie games so badly, why not step in and help fund or develop some of them in return for exclusivity or something?

That makes them 2nd party instead of indie, but assuming they didn't put creative restrictions in place it'd benefit both sides I guess.
#3gamezero6Posted 8/6/2014 4:01:52 AM
Mighty No. 9
90's Arcade Racer
Forgotten Memories
---
XBL GamerTag: NamiXJin
PSN~Ps Vita ID: JinZer069 + NNID~3DS: NamiZXJinClan
#4TrueBlue91Posted 8/6/2014 4:03:19 AM
Indie games SUCK.

Unless they're on a Nintendo system in which case they are masterpieces, infinitely better than games like The Last of Us, Halo, GTA, etc.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#5Dark_Link92(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 4:51:03 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
Indie games SUCK.

Unless they're on a Nintendo system in which case they are masterpieces, infinitely better than games like The Last of Us, Halo, GTA, etc.

This.

And Mighty No.9, thats the other one night was thinking of.
---
2/8/2014- I officially predict Ridley playable in Smash 4. If he's not, I'll quietly change my signature and no one needs to remind me of this ever again.
#6AvirosbPosted 8/6/2014 4:55:05 AM
Finally? You in one of those regions were Shovel Knight hasn't come out yet?
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#7BongbuddyPosted 8/6/2014 4:56:20 AM
Well considering the guy in charge of getting indie games on Nintendo platforms just quit I would say chances are very low we'll see them soon if at all.
#8AvirosbPosted 8/6/2014 4:56:25 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
Indie games SUCK.

You don't really mean that, do you?
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#9blinkfreakPosted 8/6/2014 4:58:11 AM
Shovel Knight says hello.

I'm also looking forward to mighty no 9, 90s arcade racer, and a hat in time. They can't come soon enough.
#10Dark_Link92(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 5:31:32 AM
Avirosb posted...
Finally? You in one of those regions were Shovel Knight hasn't come out yet?

Yeah. And that's one. The six or so great ones that were meant to be out this year already barely even have release windows.
---