Which Legend Of Zelda game should I play?

#1temoorashrafPosted 8/6/2014 2:27:50 AM
I've never owned a Nintendo console before (I've only ever owned 1 console) and I've missed out on a lot of great franchises.

Legend Of Zelda might be the best one one I've never tried.
I really like to try all games in a series(OCD things), but there are just so many that I don't think I'll be able to play them all.
I played the first one and I was horrible at it, and that made me, kind of not want to play the others.

So, which of them would you recommend are really worth playing?
---
Jester's gonna spank your butt, spank you on the butt
#2NathanmgPosted 8/6/2014 2:36:01 AM
Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and literally every single hand held Zelda (made by seperate teams to the console versions).
#3SUPER3METROIDXPosted 8/6/2014 2:42:53 AM
Start with Link to the past or OoT, the 3ds version is best.
First 2 are only really good to play after playing all the others, they've aged pretty badly.
#4CheeseIsSoFatPosted 8/6/2014 2:56:09 AM
^ Don't listen to them, start with Link's Crossbow Training. With sufficient training you're bound for a Zelda Marathon.
#5temoorashraf(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 2:56:52 AM
Would you recommend I play them according to their release date, or just wing it.
---
Jester's gonna spank your butt, spank you on the butt
#6TrueBlue91Posted 8/6/2014 2:57:46 AM
Just avoid Skyward Sword like the plague and you'll be fine.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#7Legend053180Posted 8/6/2014 2:57:55 AM
I gave up on the first 2 pretty quickly, but A Link to the Past is a timeless masterpiece.
Ocarina is also a masterpiece, though I wouldn't say it's timeless. If you've played any polygonal game in the past 15 years, it's gonna be hard to go back.

So, A Link to the Past.
#8sunny_red51Posted 8/6/2014 4:07:09 AM
I second what others have said recommending either A Link to the Past or Ocarina of Time. Both are pretty solid games. I would play Ocarina of Time before any other 3D Zelda, just because the others build on it and you learn a lot of "Zelda tricks" that can help with later games. The Wind Waker is good, too.

The Legend of Zelda is my favorite series, and I love the first two games. They're kind of challenging, though, and kind of different (especially Zelda II). I would try other games first and leave those for later. Just my opinion, I guess.
#9KouramaPosted 8/6/2014 4:22:53 AM
I agree with Ocarina of time (3DS vers) and link to the past. Both are great versions of the 3D and 2D iterations of the Zelda games.

In regards to skyward sword, I think it's a great game but the motion controls aren't for everyone.