Interesting (read: necessary) Club Nintendo update

#1burningxbridgesPosted 8/6/2014 5:32:44 PM
If you log into Club Nintendo now, and go to Games & Rewards, the Wii games no longer say "Wii U/Wii", they simple say "Wii", which solves a lot of headaches.

The only reason this is particularly interesting is this likely means that as Club Nintendo continues with its 8 digital program system as opposed to 4 + physical rewards, we will be seeing 2 Wii U games and 2 Wii games for the foreseeable future (as was implied when I spoke to a customer service agent recently).

Are you in favor of Nintendo not abandoning the many Wii owners, or do you think when games such as "Vegas Stakes" are available, which is available on the Wii U eShop as well, it should just be released for Wii U owners?
#2Granadico_Posted 8/6/2014 5:36:36 PM
If they would just patch Pro Controllers into Wii Mode it almost wouldn't matter
---
Call me Granny
Currently playing: Xenoblade (Wii), Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS), and slowly but sure Half-Life 2 (PC) | NNID/Steam/etc:Granadico
#3burningxbridges(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 5:40:05 PM
Granadico_ posted...
If they would just patch Pro Controllers into Wii Mode it almost wouldn't matter

True, but I'm not sure how feasible that would be with how "Wii mode" works on the system. If possible, I would prefer gamepad support first. If you can use the gamepad as a screen in Wii mode, why not just make it actually worthwhile?
#4Granadico_Posted 8/6/2014 5:44:15 PM
burningxbridges posted...
Granadico_ posted...

True, but I'm not sure how feasible that would be with how "Wii mode" works on the system. If possible, I would prefer gamepad support first. If you can use the gamepad as a screen in Wii mode, why not just make it actually worthwhile?

That too, but i'd only prefer Pro Controller because it could be for multiplayer, vs just having a 1 player Gamepad.
---
Call me Granny
Currently playing: Xenoblade (Wii), Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS), and slowly but sure Half-Life 2 (PC) | NNID/Steam/etc:Granadico
#5NintendoLover25Posted 8/6/2014 5:44:56 PM
It's more likely they will just phase out Wii Mode rather than adding any kind of controller support. It would be like trying to use the Wii Remote to control a GC game on the Wii.
#6Banjo2553Posted 8/6/2014 6:52:13 PM
NintendoLover25 posted...
It's more likely they will just phase out Wii Mode rather than adding any kind of controller support. It would be like trying to use the Wii Remote to control a GC game on the Wii.

I really hope that they do phase out Wii Mode and just transfer all the Shop Channel content to the eShop.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz