I have a feeling that the U will have the best library this gen.

#11winston28single(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2014 12:11:33 AM
demesjos2 posted...
mw5178 posted...
AstralFrost posted...
The only reason people say Wii U is better is because they say "lol PS4 has nothing I can't get on PC".

Without addressing your absurd generalizations: one of the reasons why some Wii U owners say that their console's library is better is exclusivity, which makes their games unique to the console. If another console's library can be played on other platforms, it's not unique to that console, and thus does not warrant special consideration over the game libraries on other platforms. It's a perfectly valid argument to make.

Of course, exclusivity isn't the only reason to state the case for a console's library. One must argue on the merits of the games themselves.

And most of those multiplat games are skipping the wii-u. That means what ever other consul of choice has them exclusive versus the Wii-U in caparison. Library is purely subjective and people will have differing opinions. I prefer rpgs and open world action games two areas the Wii-U is severally lacking in. If i loved plaformers the Wii-U would be an obvious choice.

The ps 4 is lacking in those too.
#12mw5178Posted 8/7/2014 12:19:09 AM
demesjos2 posted...
And most of those multiplat games are skipping the wii-u. That means what ever other consul of choice has them exclusive versus the Wii-U in caparison.

Except the comparison is across more than two platforms, which is implied in the post I made. It's also implied in the title of the TC's post ("BEST" library).

The following paragraph about subjectivity is one that I'll let slide.
#13AstralFrostPosted 8/7/2014 12:21:11 AM
demesjos2 posted...
mw5178 posted...
AstralFrost posted...
The only reason people say Wii U is better is because they say "lol PS4 has nothing I can't get on PC".

Without addressing your absurd generalizations: one of the reasons why some Wii U owners say that their console's library is better is exclusivity, which makes their games unique to the console. If another console's library can be played on other platforms, it's not unique to that console, and thus does not warrant special consideration over the game libraries on other platforms. It's a perfectly valid argument to make.

Of course, exclusivity isn't the only reason to state the case for a console's library. One must argue on the merits of the games themselves.

And most of those multiplat games are skipping the wii-u. That means what ever other consul of choice has them exclusive versus the Wii-U in caparison. Library is purely subjective and people will have differing opinions. I prefer rpgs and open world action games two areas the Wii-U is severally lacking in. If i loved plaformers the Wii-U would be an obvious choice.

This. There are a huge number of games this generation that are exclusively not on Wii U.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#14bandit__74Posted 8/7/2014 12:24:05 AM
mw5178 posted...
AstralFrost posted...

Actually the exclusivity argument is not valid at all. Exclusivity benefits no one except the console maker. Is Mario a better game because it`s exclusive to Nintendo? Does it increase your enjoyment of the game in any way whatsoever? Would it affect you in any way if Xbox users also got to play Mario? The answer to each of those questions is a resounding "no" of course. They were rhetorical, but you already knew that.

Furthermore, even if we allow that exclusivity does have some merit (which it clearly does not), then that merit would be a factor advantageous to the console, not to the library. The console (and thus the console developer) benefits from exclusivity. The consumer loses in this equation since he is forced to buy more than one console in order to play every game. Needless to say, this is extremely disadvantageous for the consumer.

People who make the exclusivity argument are basically saying, "Nyah, nyah. My toy is better than yours. And you can't play with it...", except that it is possibly less mature.
#15Oni_TaedoPosted 8/7/2014 12:50:31 AM
Cress4567 posted...
AstralFrost posted...

Yeah, thats a reason PC is good but has nothing to do with Wii U.

Now compare Wii U to PS4 without bringing another system into the equation. Its really not pretty, PS4 wins by a landslide.

PS3-->PS4 by a landslide see I can do that as well.

Herpes >>> PS4
Being punched in the face by Mike Tyson >>> PS4
Being shot >>> PS4
Watching the third TMNT film on repeat for 10 years straight >>> PS4
Watching a scene for scene recreation of the Twilight novels >>> PS4
Watching soccer >>> PS4
Being kicked in the shins by a midget wearing steel toed boots >>> PS4
Having to clean up the sewers of Paris, France >>> PS4
Having to clean up the sewers of Paris without any equipment, just your bare hands >>> PS4.

Pretty much most things in the universe >>> PS4.

Biggest waste of $400 in a while.
My friend bought mine off me, and he keeps asking if I'll buy it back. And he waited in LINE for the damn console (they ran out, so he didn't get his until I sold him mine).
---
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVGViking
#16mw5178Posted 8/7/2014 12:53:50 AM
bandit__74 posted...
Exclusivity benefits no one except the console maker.

Assuming that this is true, this isn't relevant to the topic.
#17StrongBlackVinePosted 8/7/2014 12:56:15 AM
PS4 getting all of the multiplats the Wii U will miss automatically means it will have a better library than the Wii u unless you are just obsessed with Nintendo made games.
#18bandit__74Posted 8/7/2014 1:01:19 AM
mw5178 posted...
bandit__74 posted...
Exclusivity benefits no one except the console maker.

Assuming that this is true, this isn't relevant to the topic.

I didn't bring it up, you did.
#19usaamahlinkPosted 8/7/2014 1:21:05 AM
It has Smash, Zelda and Xenoblade. These 3 count for a ton. I don't doubt that the PS4 will have tons of its own compelling games that aren't on Nintendo, but those games most likely aren't Smash, Zelda or Xenoblade.
---
Xenoblade Chronicles X is confirmed Game of the Generation. Everyone agrees with me.
http://i.minus.com/iXO9Kv9FFdgMT.jpg, http://i.minus.com/iymkFwzCt6K4l.jpg
#20bandit__74Posted 8/7/2014 1:24:58 AM
usaamahlink posted...
It has Smash, Zelda and Xenoblade. These 3 count for a ton. I don't doubt that the PS4 will have tons of its own compelling games that aren't on Nintendo, but those games most likely aren't Smash, Zelda or Xenoblade.

This is relevant only if one thinks Smash, Zelda and Xenoblade are good games. If one doesn't, then that lineup wouldn't seem particularly compelling.,