I have a feeling that the U will have the best library this gen.

#71mw5178Posted 8/8/2014 11:53:26 AM
bandit__74 posted...
If a console has the same games as the others then they ALL have the best library.

This is incoherent. The question is about the best library among the consoles. There is no better here, much less best, if they all have the same amount of goodness.
#72Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 8/8/2014 11:55:23 AM
Doubtful. Just look at how many big games it is missing beteen now and the end of 2015:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/69812995

Best exclusives, potentially but not likely.
Best overall library, almost certainly not.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#73bandit__74Posted 8/8/2014 1:18:58 PM
mw5178 posted...
bandit__74 posted...
If a console has the same games as the others then they ALL have the best library.

This is incoherent. The question is about the best library among the consoles. There is no better here, much less best, if they all have the same amount of goodness.

Precisely. Win/Lose, Best/Worst is a false dichotomy, especially when dealing with subjective measures. There is no better or best anyway. There is only "more" or "less" as objective measures. Everything else is a matter of taste.

Also, you did not address my other point. Just because a game is available on XB1 that does not decrease the value of the PS4 library. If I want to play Destiny, for example, I can do so on my PS4.
#74winston28single(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 11:10:32 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Doubtful. Just look at how many big games it is missing beteen now and the end of 2015:

Yah Pc games on the Ponystation.
#75vashtrichamPosted 8/9/2014 10:15:58 AM
winston28single posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Yah Pc games on the Ponystation.

Those pc games usually sell better on the ps4. Seems like more people would rather spend $400 to play pc games on a ps4 then $600 and up to play them on pc and even less want to spend $300 to play nintendo games on a wiiu.
---
Marvel heroes: Cap and Gambit
#76RahzarXPosted 8/9/2014 10:32:16 AM
You must have at least 1500 karma to be making topics like this.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#77winston28single(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2014 1:39:00 PM
RahzarX posted...
You must have at least 1500 karma to be making topics like this.

Nope
#78mw5178Posted 8/9/2014 2:17:16 PM
bandit__74 posted...
mw5178 posted...
bandit__74 posted...

Precisely. Win/Lose, Best/Worst is a false dichotomy, especially when dealing with subjective measures. There is no better or best anyway. There is only "more" or "less" as objective measures. Everything else is a matter of taste.

Also, you did not address my other point. Just because a game is available on XB1 that does not decrease the value of the PS4 library. If I want to play Destiny, for example, I can do so on my PS4.

And that's fine. But this thread is about which console has the BEST library.

Obviously, gamers (and I mean gamers who don't troll and project their taste of games on to others) will say that's it's their opinion. But, if they want to explain why they personally THINK that such-and-such console has the best library, they have to be able to set it above the others somehow. They can't do that if the other consoles can equal it.
#79bandit__74Posted 8/9/2014 2:45:15 PM
mw5178 posted...
bandit__74 posted...
mw5178 posted...
bandit__74 posted...

And that's fine. But this thread is about which console has the BEST library.

Obviously, gamers (and I mean gamers who don't troll and project their taste of games on to others) will say that's it's their opinion. But, if they want to explain why they personally THINK that such-and-such console has the best library, they have to be able to set it above the others somehow. They can't do that if the other consoles can equal it.

But you're missing the point. There is no such thing as a BEST library. There are only gamers trying to sell their FAVOURITE library as the "BEST". The best library does not exist in any objective, meaningful way. It never has. You can say console X has MORE exclusives or a BIGGER library. But terms like BETTER and BEST will always be subjective and as such are useless in any meaningful way.

Also, if consoles A, B and C all have "AAA Game Y", then how does it devalue my experience or enjoyment of that game? If I buy it on console A, it still contributes to console A library's quality despite it being available for the other two.
#80darkljollyPosted 8/9/2014 3:20:52 PM
Ahhh typical nintendrone trying to reassure his purchase.
---
I am your brothers friend