Zen stuudios says the Wii U is A Difficult Platform To Support Technically

#1PS4WarriorPosted 8/7/2014 1:18:01 AM
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/07/zen-studios-says-it-has-wii-u-news-on-the-way-says-its-a-difficult-platform-to-support-technically/

“Actually, we will have some very big Wii U news very soon. This is a difficult platform to support from a technology standpoint. Simple patches are not simple. New content additions are not easy due to the way the system is set up. We are committed to supporting Wii U. Again, please look for an announcement in the coming weeks. Thanks for supporting Zen Studios.”

Guess that could be one of the reasons the Wii U isn't getting 3rd party support.
#2Baha05Posted 8/7/2014 1:20:41 AM
That just makes them sound like bad developers.
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS
#3HeracylostPosted 8/7/2014 1:24:24 AM
No, just makes sense from a business point. Small install base, hard to program for. Saturn had the same problem. So people stopped supporting it.
#4Baha05Posted 8/7/2014 1:25:20 AM
Hard to program is such a laughable excuse these days, even if it's hard to develop to first over time it should get easier and easier.
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS
#5ToozinPosted 8/7/2014 1:28:49 AM(edited)
It actually sounds like an infrastructure problem, like patches and dlc aren't easy to push through Nintendo's distrobution system. Considering how developers are super quick to drop dlc on Wii U when it should be easy money, this would not shock me.
---
http://www.gamelogs.org/gamelog/Toozin.html
#6squatch22Posted 8/7/2014 1:32:41 AM
Heracylost posted...
No, just makes sense from a business point. Small install base, hard to program for. Saturn had the same problem. So people stopped supporting it.

Multiple devs have said it's easy ...
---
I now have 2 followers (Or 1 and his alt) that think I live with my mum who died in 2002.
#7fire2boxPosted 8/7/2014 1:35:22 AM
Heracylost posted...

Because they were bad developers. Duh.
---
Ivy bridge i5 3570k @3.40GHz | 8 GB DDR3 | single XFX 7870| OCZ 600W Modular. Nvidia, AMD, Intel for life!!
3DS FC: 2208-5221-4039
#8fire2boxPosted 8/7/2014 1:36:24 AM
squatch22 posted...
Heracylost posted...

::looks at the wide and vastly verried games on Wii U::

Nope.... Not seeing it. So easy to program for, people avoid it.
---
Ivy bridge i5 3570k @3.40GHz | 8 GB DDR3 | single XFX 7870| OCZ 600W Modular. Nvidia, AMD, Intel for life!!
3DS FC: 2208-5221-4039
#9squatch22Posted 8/7/2014 1:39:43 AM
fire2box posted...
squatch22 posted...
Heracylost posted...

Its the install base.
For some reason devs don't like to say it
---
I now have 2 followers (Or 1 and his alt) that think I live with my mum who died in 2002.
#10Baha05Posted 8/7/2014 1:44:49 AM
fire2box posted...

Install bases will always be a big reason for 3rd Party devs along with making profits, because after some time that "It's too hard to develop for" excuse is hilariously bad and makes the developers look bad and inexperienced.
---