Super Mario Bros 2 is hard AF, just as I remember it.

#11IokuaPosted 8/7/2014 11:33:16 PM
NewportBox100s posted...
^ You never finished it. You are a habitual liar and a thief.

I'm surprised you know what "habitual" means. You can believe or disbelieve all you want, however I am neither a thief nor a habitual liar, and Mario Bros 2 is an easy game. Now, The Lost Levels gets pretty tough at times, however Mario Bros 2? Easy peasy lemon squeezie.

That said, if I'm a thief... prove it.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#12AkaneJonesPosted 8/8/2014 2:23:15 AM
Huh?
Super Mario Bros. 2 USA is not hard. The game mostly just requires you search for where to use Potions to enter subspace so you get the mushrooms. Often time you are best to use Peach and or Luigi because their jump covers some of the level secret short-cuts or warps. It's not a game to rush about even if that's Toads skill.

World 1-3 warps strait to World 4 if you use a sub-space to enter the vase at the end of the outside area. World 3-1 warps strait to World 5 if you use the sub-space warp at the bottom of the waterfall. You can also short-cut to the boss by setting mushroom blocks on the round clouds. In 4-2 you use an Autobomb & 4-3 use Peach/Luigi to skip most of the tower. 5-1 is kind of hard as it's easier to skip the final mushroom. In 5-3 bring Luigi to skip strait to World 7 via the vase at the start.

Because of this you typically do 1-1 > 1-2 > 1-3 > 2-1 > 2-2 > 2-3 > 3-1 > 5-1 > 5-2 > 5-3 > 7-1 > 7-2

As a result World 6 is the least played in the game. Also you can skip stait to the boss in 6-3 by use of the quick sand. It even gives you the first mushroom in the begining, so you only need take out the pokey. Though LOL at getting passed 6-2 if you aren't good at Para-beetle type levels, that Albatoss ride.

Anyway practice up to deal with Wart's Palace. It's about the only hard thing you need to do, to beat the game(obviously those trouter jumps in 5-1 not withstanding).
#13The Top CrusaderPosted 8/8/2014 2:29:55 AM
When playing to beat it, I always went from 1-3 to 4-1 and then 4-2 (wasn't it? With the whales?) to 7-1.

I actually got all the coins and Yoshi eggs in the Advance version, but that was somewhat easier than the NES (and I suppose SNES All-Stars) version.
---
Author of Titans of Toho: An Unauthorized Guide to the Godzilla Series and the Rest of Toho's Giant Monster Film Library
#14ElectricMolePosted 8/8/2014 2:30:09 AM
Mario Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188, Live:RichiJihen
#15Pink_a_DinkPosted 8/8/2014 2:31:35 AM
Just pick Peach. She's OP as ****.
---
My reaction when stupid people say stupid things - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBVhfdduwfo
The Wii U board is seriously just awful.
#16AkaneJonesPosted 8/8/2014 2:48:57 AM
The Top Crusader posted...
When playing to beat it, I always went from 1-3 to 4-1 and then 4-2 (wasn't it? With the whales?) to 7-1.

4-2 is indeed the Whale level but that's the Warp to World 6. So you only use that one if you want to deal with both the Beezos on Ice in 4-2 and the Albatoss sky ride in 6-2. Dealing with World 1 & 2 is usually easier as only the Trouter jump in 5-1 pose a problem(unless you have a problem with the Mega Man-esk spiked fall in 5-2).
#17trenkenPosted 8/8/2014 3:46:54 AM
We are talking about lost levels right? US smb2 was piss easy. LL was freaking brutal.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#18IokuaPosted 8/8/2014 7:11:18 AM
Pink_a_Dink posted...
Just pick Peach. She's OP as ****.

Nah, man, it's all about Toad.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#19The Top CrusaderPosted 8/8/2014 7:16:37 AM(edited)
AkaneJones posted...
The Top Crusader posted...

4-2 is indeed the Whale level but that's the Warp to World 6. So you only use that one if you want to deal with both the Beezos on Ice in 4-2 and the Albatoss sky ride in 6-2. Dealing with World 1 & 2 is usually easier as only the Trouter jump in 5-1 pose a problem(unless you have a problem with the Mega Man-esk spiked fall in 5-2).

Up until the other day I hadn't played it in ages and I might be inclined to think I was wrong... but I just got it with Club Nintendo coins and I'm 99% I went from 4-2 to 7-1 yesterday afternoon. >_>

EDIT: I Googled it and I'm wrong. Wow! O_O Well I have no idea what's going on, then.
---
Author of Titans of Toho: An Unauthorized Guide to the Godzilla Series and the Rest of Toho's Giant Monster Film Library
#20orcus_snakePosted 8/8/2014 12:36:25 PM
Ohhh found it.
---
"Warwick are you jungling"
"No I'm standing by the wolves because I miss my family"