Super Mario Bros 2 is hard AF, just as I remember it.

• Topic Archived
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Super Mario Bros 2 is hard AF, just as I remember it.
1 year ago#151
On the plus side I woke up this morning and my toothache is pretty much gone, so hopefully that means my trip to the dentist today won't be such a horror show. :P
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
1 year ago#152
Sooo, apparently you can bruise your teeth. I didn't know that.
---
1 year ago#153
Iokua posted...
Sooo, apparently you can bruise your teeth. I didn't know that.

TIL.

It's that time of the month again. I've butthurt an SH2 fanboy again. :P
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/SpecterM91
Decided to try videos instead...
1 year ago#154
Gotta say, Silent Hill 2 fans seem kinda... babyish.
---
1 year ago#155
They're the FF7 fans of horror. It was the first game they played, therefore it is the best and Samael help you if you don't agree. Sure, the sequels may do things better and the acting may be terrible and the translation may be awkward and the combat and controls somehow managed to be a step down from the first game in the series on an inferior console... But it's Silent Hill 2, gaiz!

In this case, the butthurt stemmed from the fact that I didn't agree that the fact that you kill Eddie is nowhere near as bad as beating the child molester in Downpour. Apparently I'm socially inept and don't understand human interaction because I think a child molester deserves to die more than a scared dude with limited ammo who made the mistake of attacking a mentally broken weirdo with a shotgun in his back pocket. :P
---
1 year ago#156
spectermaster14 posted...
They're the FF7 fans of horror. It was the first game they played, therefore it is the best and Samael help you if you don't agree. Sure, the sequels may do things better and the acting may be terrible and the translation may be awkward and the combat and controls somehow managed to be a step down from the first game in the series on an inferior console... But it's Silent Hill 2, gaiz!

In this case, the butthurt stemmed from the fact that I didn't agree that the fact that you kill Eddie is nowhere near as bad as beating the child molester in Downpour. Apparently I'm socially inept and don't understand human interaction because I think a child molester deserves to die more than a scared dude with limited ammo who made the mistake of attacking a mentally broken weirdo with a shotgun in his back pocket. :P

Screw you specter, I played PLENTY horror games before SH2 and I still SH2 is one of THE best maybe only ebaten by REmake, hell I played REmake first.

Also, Eddie was a massive douche who for some reason started going nuts because he killed a dog or whatever, main basically never spoke and Eddie still found a reason to go on about how he thinks he is crazy and would go ahead and shoot him, of course main dude was gonna kill Eddie.

Dunno about Downpour, I gotta play that.
---
"Warwick are you jungling"
"No I'm standing by the wolves because I miss my family"
1 year ago#157
I'd like to play the SH series, I even bought Silent Hill off of PSN when it dropped, but I just can't stay interested in it. :S
---
1 year ago#158
orcus_snake posted...
spectermaster14 posted...

Screw you specter, I played PLENTY horror games before SH2 and I still SH2 is one of THE best maybe only ebaten by REmake, hell I played REmake first.

Also, Eddie was a massive douche who for some reason started going nuts because he killed a dog or whatever, main basically never spoke and Eddie still found a reason to go on about how he thinks he is crazy and would go ahead and shoot him, of course main dude was gonna kill Eddie.

Dunno about Downpour, I gotta play that.

Yeah, but you aren't an SH2 FANBOY, Orcus, you just play horror ****. The fanboys are insufferable and seem to know jack **** about anything beyond SH2 itself.

The thing with Eddie that bugs me is that they could've given you a choice. You didn't HAVE to fight Cybil in SH1. Why force the player's hand in SH2 on nearly everything when they very clearly had the talent to give you a choice and let the story continue? Eddie was no different from James. If anything, he was a better person. He was persecuted and bullied, and he snapped. He didn't have to target James, but once he's out of bullets James has no reason to kill him. You could knock him out, or just leave the fight entirely. I just don't get it, they seemed to go out of their way to force your hand and you gain nothing from it.

Mostly I just hate James as a character. He's bland, I hate his motivations, his Otherworld is boring as Hell, his actor is a joke, etc. I hate how they handled Angela by letting JAMES face her demons for her, and then made that particular monster a standard enemy for no reason at all. Every step in the right direction it takes ends up being negated by some bizarre design decision or quirk. I dunno, I get why people love it and all, but SH3, and even SH1, did everything it did better to me.

You should try Downpour. It doesn't play great, but Murphy's a great character and the story's good overall. Nothing outstanding, but it's a fun ride.

Iokua posted...
I'd like to play the SH series, I even bought Silent Hill off of PSN when it dropped, but I just can't stay interested in it. :S

Have you tried the others? SH2 might be for you. SH1, 3, Homecoming, and Origins deal with the cult a lot. SH2, 4, Shattered Memories, and Downpour focus on the psychological horror a bit more. SH3's a direct sequel to the first one but does a lot of things better, but you might wanna avoid it if you haven't at least read a synopsis of the first. Otherwise, I'd say try the unrelated ones and see how they grab you. I'm clearly in the minority on SH2, so that might be a good place to start. Get the greatest hits version on PS2 if you can find it, has an extra scenario.
---
1 year ago#159
Ok this Zoe Quinn thing is going places, kinda sick of reading about it wherever I go.
---
"Warwick are you jungling"
"No I'm standing by the wolves because I miss my family"
1 year ago#160
Yeah. I like the drama, but it's getting a bit stale. Internet Aristocrat pretty much summed it up. Shock and awe, though, GameFAQs posters are white knighting on the PS4 board.
---
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Super Mario Bros 2 is hard AF, just as I remember it.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived