Super Mario Bros 2 is hard AF, just as I remember it.

#351spectermaster14Posted 9/1/2014 10:04:38 AM(edited)
Well, I figured this would happen, but not this soon. My parents have ruined my plans for the move. They sent me a condescending email about how pathetic it is that I only work thirty hours a week on top of Dawni's (live-in ex) thirty-five rather than sixty something solo like my dad. Said they're sick of me hiring people to cut my lawn or letting my dad do it just because I don't have the tools for it. Point is, they're moving back in against my will. Meaning they'll be charging me the insanely high rent they did before they left to live in my one tiny room in the house I own a fourth of myself. So I won't have any extra money to save for the move. At the bare minimum, I'll just need 1k, that's not too bad, but I literally will not be able to afford to save once they're back. So... I dunno, guess I'm just screwed. No word on that other job, obscene rent payment on the horizon, etc. Don't know what to do.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/SpecterM91
Decided to try videos instead...
#352TenguSoldierPosted 9/1/2014 11:42:04 AM
Why not move out to a cheap hellhole for those 6 months?

I have no idea why they cna legally charge rent when you own part of the house.
#353spectermaster14Posted 9/1/2014 12:18:37 PM
They can't, but I can't afford a lawyer to get them to shut up and they know I won't stand up to them about it because I'm scared of being kicked out because they own the majority share and can, legally, vote me off the deed. And if I can find a place to rent, I'm likely going for it.
---
#354orcus_snakePosted 9/1/2014 12:21:11 PM
Time to craiglist, a cheap decent place should be no problem for 2 people.
---
"Warwick are you jungling"
"No I'm standing by the wolves because I miss my family"
#355spectermaster14Posted 9/1/2014 12:29:39 PM
Well, I think Dawni'll end up leaving in about a month. She says she wants to stay and help me out, but she can't handle the stress. I don't blame her, she's free to go. Also, it'd still be a year, I've gotten no updates on that other job. If I did, there'd be no more stress.
---
#356IokuaPosted 9/1/2014 4:48:31 PM
Just find a new place, specter, get the grungiest, stankiest, funkiest place you can for cheap so you can sock cash away. I would also suggest that if it looks like you're going to get reamed as you expect take the initiative and offer to sell them your share before they can even organize themselves into forcing you off.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#357spectermaster14Posted 9/1/2014 5:56:04 PM
That's what I'm doing at the moment. Next time I see them, I'm gonna try to get them to buy. And if they do, I'm out. Friend won't be LIVING in the place they bought just yet, but they've said I can stay if I take care of the bills, so it'd be okay. As for renting somewhere, turns out the only place that rents around for a reasonable price is an old folk oriented apartment building downtown, they may not rent to me. But they are low income housing, so who knows.
---
#358IokuaPosted 9/1/2014 9:45:24 PM
Yar, want to grab InFamous: Second Son, but it's still $70 up here. Yet somehow it's $35 in the US. **** my country and its ridiculous lack of price cuts.
---
#359orcus_snakePosted 9/1/2014 11:57:33 PM
Finished Walking Dead Season 2 game, it had its moments but it wasnt nearly as amazing as season 1, finale had a pretty badass ending though.

Time to finally start The Wolf Among us now that it is done.
---
"Warwick are you jungling"
"No I'm standing by the wolves because I miss my family"
#360IokuaPosted 9/2/2014 1:05:41 PM
Playing through PT a couple loops at a time. Such a chicken. :-P
---