If a wii u game is Ported to pc, is it still exclusive?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. If a wii u game is Ported to pc, is it still exclusive?
11 months ago#121
swatkiller546 posted...
No, read up exclusive definition.

No, read up on what "platform" really means.
11 months ago#122
Wow, I had no idea there was so much contention over the term "console exclusive". Jesus, people.
---
Microsoft, stop trying to make "Scroogled" happen. It's not going to happen.
11 months ago#123
Apparently it does on this board. Seeing as how everyone was going gaga at Shovel Knight, while it was also on the PC.
11 months ago#124
Griff6260 posted...
Wow, I had no idea there was so much contention over the term "console exclusive". Jesus, people.

It matters a lot to the people on the xb1 boards.

That term not meaning what they hope it means would be disastrous to them.
---
Yup
11 months ago#125
Puckswack12 posted...
Griff6260 posted...

It matters a lot to the people on the xb1 boards.

That term not meaning what they hope it means would be disastrous to them.

I remember people swearing up and down that DR3 would never be on another console, ever, because Capcom promised (just like they did with the Capcom Five on GameCube, right?), and a few posters were foaming at the mouth over the idea that it would be on another platform (and now it is, of course!).
---
GamerTag: ShinChuck, PSN: ShinChuck1
http://homepage.mac.com/shinchuck - Video games, YouTube, Deviantart, Etcetera.
11 months ago#126
PS4Warrior posted...
Apparently it does on this board. Seeing as how everyone was going gaga at Shovel Knight, while it was also on the PC.

You're confusing "three people that wouldn't shut up about Shovel Knight" with "everyone". Two very different things. It's not Wii U exclusive because it's on PC and 3DS.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
11 months ago#127
Puckswack12 posted...
FayeLady posted...
As far as i'm concerned yes. I have no interest in playing the game on PC so I'd have no problem considering it a Wii U exclusive. Much the same way I have no interest in learning another language, so I consider Tales of Vesperia a 360 exclusive.

Closing your eyes and covering your ears saying "lalala I'm not listening!" Doesn't change anything..

I still know tlou exists even though I don't own a ps3/4.

Seriously, what are you saying?

The only reason exclusives matter is because they are a reason to buy a particular console. If you have no interest in PC gaming due to the nature of the platform then PC games are a non-factor when determining which console to buy. It's really not that hard to understand.
---
I've decided not to have a signature.
11 months ago#128
Alphrin posted...
Puckswack12 posted...
FayeLady posted...
As far as i'm concerned yes. I have no interest in playing the game on PC so I'd have no problem considering it a Wii U exclusive. Much the same way I have no interest in learning another language, so I consider Tales of Vesperia a 360 exclusive.

Closing your eyes and covering your ears saying "lalala I'm not listening!" Doesn't change anything..

I still know tlou exists even though I don't own a ps3/4.

Seriously, what are you saying?

The only reason exclusives matter is because they are a reason to buy a particular console. If you have no interest in PC gaming due to the nature of the platform then PC games are a non-factor when determining which console to buy. It's really not that hard to understand.

I understand what you're saying.

You don't consider it an option because you have no desire for the platform it's on. That's obviously reasonable.

But going around saying that you have an exclusive game is not the same as that. It's unrealistic and unreasonable. It's not exclusive just because the alternative is not an option for you.

It's a global term, not a relative one.
---
Yup
11 months ago#129
Puckswack12 posted...
It's a global term, not a relative one.

I think it is relative to the common views of the larger population.

So many console gamers don't see the PC as a viable alternative that the distinction is largely meaningless.
11 months ago#130
No, of course not.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. If a wii u game is Ported to pc, is it still exclusive?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived