Which NES Zelda do you consider a harder game to beat?

#1sketchturnerPosted 8/8/2014 8:39:53 AM
Which is harder? - Results (249 votes)
Legend of Zelda
9.24% (23 votes)
Adventure of Link
90.76% (226 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I always hear people say how difficult AoL is, but I find LoZ *way* harder. The combat control is a lot less precise and the exploration is a lot more confusing.

I've beaten both games without save points, but now that I can use save points in LoZ, it's pretty hard not to use them. Especially with all those blue knights in some of the later dungeons.

Meanwhile, AoL will definitely kick your butt at first, but I find it much easier to master that game once you get into a rhythm.
---
Now Playing:The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee, NES Remix, Bit.Trip.Runner 2
#2MordecaiRocksPosted 8/8/2014 8:41:31 AM
I've beaten tLoZ, whereas I haven't made it past the first temple in AoL.
#3vermilion99Posted 8/8/2014 8:43:56 AM
Without counting the second quest I would vote AoL. The bosses are more difficult, the later dungeon layouts are more difficult, and the Thunder Bird has been known to make grown men cry. Zelda 1 is unquestionably a challenging game but it is more forgiving in some ways.
#4SegavsCapcomPosted 8/8/2014 8:44:10 AM
Adventure of Link is absurdly hard. Still good, but really hard.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#5kalvadorPosted 8/8/2014 8:45:55 AM
I've beaten The Legend of Zelda on my NES, I can't beat Adventure of Link, even on my 3ds with savestates.
---
Some people get rich studying artificial intelligence. Me, I make money studying natural stupidity.
- Carl Icahn
#6Flare7Posted 8/8/2014 8:49:25 AM
First zelda is simple. 2 is another beast entirely.
---
Currently playing: Arkham Asylum
#7Oderus UrungusPosted 8/8/2014 8:57:33 AM
Adventure of Link is a sadistic game just with the Iron Knuckles. You also get Ganon laughing at you during a game over.
#8SirRobXPosted 8/8/2014 9:03:48 AM
I found Adventure of Link much easier than Legend of Zelda, for the same reasons as in the OP. I even found it more forgiving than LoZ. I mean, if you die, you start over in the same room, with full life. Sure, if you got a game over, you'd have to start back from the beginning, but in LoZ, you'd have to backtrack to recover your health anyway.
---
3DS Code: 3394-4061-9856
#9cyberpikPosted 8/8/2014 9:07:59 AM
While LoZ' second quest is difficult, it's difficult in the early going more so than later on.

AoL doesn't really have a difficulty spike as it remains challenging throughout but there is a bit of a jump in the Grand Palace.

LoZ is the easiest of the three...although I do realize we were only given two choices, haha.
#10BurgerTime79Posted 8/8/2014 9:11:33 AM
Adventure of Link simply because of the final dungeon. It's personally one of my favorite Zelda games.
---
Classic Gaming Expo _ Sept 12-14 Riviera Hotel in Las Vegas