How would you feel if super smash bros. had dlc characters?

#1Hercik1Posted 8/8/2014 10:00:11 AM
I really hope it doesn't but I feel it might be a possibility. Sometimes dlc is used to add to the core experience but a lot of time it is just removing content to sell.

Tales of games is a huge example of this. I love that game series but it just feels dirty that costumes that used to be in the game as unlockables are now $2.99 per set.
#2Flare7Posted 8/8/2014 10:00:49 AM
I'd have no issue with it; characters are something I'd be willing to pay for.
---
Currently playing: Arkham Asylum
#3CoolioKDudePosted 8/8/2014 10:01:21 AM
as long as it started out with a good cast I'd like that
---
"They're all idiots. I'm not even sure if any of them have actual brains."
Hades on GameFAQs.
#4BladeManEXEPosted 8/8/2014 10:03:05 AM
I'd be fine with DLC characters so long as they're reasonably priced and were DLC only because they were developed after the main game had been completed (i.e. not developed with the rest but held back from the main game entirely to be sold as DLC). From Sakurai's few statements on DLC in the past, the latter seems likely.
#5PsychoWolfXPosted 8/8/2014 10:03:13 AM
Depends on the price really. $5 a character would be alright. I'd even pay $10 for Krystal.
---
3DS FC: 2879-0740-0938
- From the desk of Admiral PsychowolfX
#6FayeLadyPosted 8/8/2014 10:04:04 AM
I think the SSB community is big enough to endure it.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#7Granadico_Posted 8/8/2014 10:06:03 AM
I wouldn't like it. I'd rather have DLC stages
---
Call me Granny
Currently playing: Xenoblade (Wii), Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS), and slowly but sure Half-Life 2 (PC) | NNID/Steam/etc:Granadico
#8Shadowbird_RHPosted 8/8/2014 10:09:44 AM
So long as it's post-release developed DLC, it's fine. Pre-release DLC, stuff that's already done before the game's development is complete is BS.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#9R_HunterPosted 8/8/2014 10:14:52 AM
Shadowbird_RH posted...
So long as it's post-release developed DLC, it's fine. Pre-release DLC, stuff that's already done before the game's development is complete is BS.

This.
---
NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303
Trolls gonna troll.
#10JohnnyKoochPosted 8/8/2014 11:48:02 AM
Blind!
All of you!

Blind!

Free DLC characters? Absolutely.
Free DLC Stages? Absolutely.
Its a very good way for devs to continue to support Smash Bros like never before, even though melee as held its own even today.

PAYING (more than likely $5 minimum) for new character(s)?
Not really digging the bigger picture.

Obviously people will eat right into that, especially if the character hits them right in the niche / nostalgia bone.
So, whats the big idea, Kooch? Why are you hating on the possibility of new characters if you have to pay?

Because you are just going to prove that Smash is not only a money machine on its own, but that devs can leave the bigger ideas out so you can PAY MORE for getting less at the beginning.

I don't want anything but a complete game.
Melee was a complete game.
Brawl was a complete game.
This new one should be a complete game.

I don't want the next game to be slacked off to save room for DLC.