We need a more mature Zelda.

#21DeodorantSprayPosted 8/8/2014 5:34:59 PM
BladeManEXE posted...
master_chief_82 posted...
Link needs to be a young adult in it, they could maybe start the story when he's younger, but as a hero saving a princess and all of Hyrule, he should be older.

This sounds an awful lot like Ocarina of Time.

No, it's reinventing past 3D Zelda games which are all the same old games.
---
gameFAQs mods mad at me cos im rollin in my 600 benz
#22Granadico_Posted 8/8/2014 5:36:28 PM
I'd really like to see Nintendo do a reboot of Zelda in a sense. They should make Gannon a little darker, flesh the story out a little more, and actually give the game a realistic look just like the tech demo. I don't thick the violence should be overkill, but there needs to be a tint of blood and a really dark story that gives Link a real purpose to be fighting.

Don't get me wrong, the stories are good in the other games (especially Ocarina and Link to the Past). But we need a slightly stronger story, and the world of legend of Zelda is a good premise for a great story. I think there should be voice acting and yes, link should have a voice; it just needs to be done right.

I'm surprised this hasn't been crapped on yet
---
Call me Granny
Currently playing: Xenoblade (Wii), Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS), and slowly but sure Half-Life 2 (PC) | NNID/Steam/etc:Granadico
#23o5pr3yPosted 8/8/2014 5:38:20 PM
TC,

Try Nier on PS3/X360.
Plays like Zelda but has mature dark themes.
Bring some prozac though, that's one depressing game.
---
GT: Samikaze707
#24ChimeraBluePosted 8/8/2014 5:39:45 PM
We already have Dark Souls to satisfy the "mature" Zelda crowd.

I play Zelda for Zelda.
#25master_chief_82(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 5:42:20 PM
BladeManEXE posted...
Link needs to be a young adult in it, they could maybe start the story when he's younger, but as a hero saving a princess and all of Hyrule, he should be older.

This sounds an awful lot like Ocarina of Time.

Ocarina of Time has my favorite story of all the Zeldas, but if they did a reboot, I'd like the story to focus more of him as an adult. They could have a few cutscenes of him as a child and explain how he gets to where he's at before Gannon comes to power. But all the fighting should happen when he's a late teen or young adult.
#26DeodorantSprayPosted 8/8/2014 5:43:14 PM
In general the public who only sought after mature Zelda already have their replacement with The Elder Scrolls, Minecraft and Souls.

They ain't coming back.
---
gameFAQs mods mad at me cos im rollin in my 600 benz
#27master_chief_82(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 5:45:20 PM
Granadico_ posted...
I'd really like to see Nintendo do a reboot of Zelda in a sense. They should make Gannon a little darker, flesh the story out a little more, and actually give the game a realistic look just like the tech demo. I don't thick the violence should be overkill, but there needs to be a tint of blood and a really dark story that gives Link a real purpose to be fighting.

Don't get me wrong, the stories are good in the other games (especially Ocarina and Link to the Past). But we need a slightly stronger story, and the world of legend of Zelda is a good premise for a great story. I think there should be voice acting and yes, link should have a voice; it just needs to be done right.

I'm surprised this hasn't been crapped on yet

That's because it's a good idea. How do we know it couldn't work unless it's tried. If the writing and voice acting is good enough, if really could work.
#28AiddonPosted 8/8/2014 5:45:28 PM
I'm suddenly reminded of that juvenile Total War mod Hyrule: Total War. Zelda doesn't need to be "mature" as we already have five billion franchises trying to do that. Zelda is Zelda, it doesn't need to follow the crowd, it MAKES a crowd all its own.
#29AguacatonPosted 8/8/2014 5:45:50 PM
yes, we need a more mature themed Zelda. with this i don't mean to say blood and sex, no.
---
NNID: Codiepo
PSN: Aguacaton
#30master_chief_82(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 5:48:49 PM
DeodorantSpray posted...
In general the public who only sought after mature Zelda already have their replacement with The Elder Scrolls, Minecraft and Souls.

They ain't coming back.

Those aren't like Zelda at all besides you fight with a sword and there's exploration. Darksiders is close gameplay wise, but the story wasn't that good. That kind of violence isn't what I'm looking for in a Zelda game.