We need a more mature Zelda.

#31BladeManEXEPosted 8/8/2014 5:51:41 PM
ChimeraBlue posted...
We already have Dark Souls to satisfy the "mature" Zelda crowd.

I play Zelda for Zelda.

This has (more or less) been my position, though usually more in a gameplay consideration. People who want Zelda to change to be like something it isn't and was never meant to be should look into the games that already exist that scratch the particular itch they have.

If you want a hard platformer, you don't play Kirby. If you want a twitch shooter, you don't play Metroid Prime, and if you want a racing simulator you don't play Mario Kart.
#32trainer2689Posted 8/8/2014 5:53:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7leQB_Oe_k
#33Granadico_Posted 8/8/2014 5:54:29 PM
master_chief_82 posted...
Granadico_ posted...
I'd really like to see Nintendo do a reboot of Zelda in a sense. They should make Gannon a little darker, flesh the story out a little more, and actually give the game a realistic look just like the tech demo. I don't thick the violence should be overkill, but there needs to be a tint of blood and a really dark story that gives Link a real purpose to be fighting.

Don't get me wrong, the stories are good in the other games (especially Ocarina and Link to the Past). But we need a slightly stronger story, and the world of legend of Zelda is a good premise for a great story. I think there should be voice acting and yes, link should have a voice; it just needs to be done right.

I'm surprised this hasn't been crapped on yet

That's because it's a good idea. How do we know it couldn't work unless it's tried. If the writing and voice acting is good enough, if really could work.

idk, i couldn't imagine giving Link a voice. Random NPCs and original characters maybe, but Link would be weird to give a voice. It'd be like giving Gordan Freeman a voice. One of his defining features is not having a voice/dialogue
---
Call me Granny
Currently playing: Xenoblade (Wii), Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS), and slowly but sure Half-Life 2 (PC) | NNID/Steam/etc:Granadico
#34Bellum_SacrumPosted 8/8/2014 6:00:28 PM
I just realized that people spewing nonsense about "mature games" don't know what mature means.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#35R_HunterPosted 8/8/2014 6:02:26 PM
None of what you posted is mature. Dealing with death and the consequences is mature. Showing a hero rise from unthinkable hardship and fighting on is mature.

You want a game like TLOU or Skyrim but with Zelda touches.
---
NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#36wyansasPosted 8/8/2014 6:10:29 PM
Link needs to be a young adult in it, they could maybe start the story when he's younger, but as a hero saving a princess and all of Hyrule, he should be older.

He shouldn't transform into other things or wear masks.

Seems like you should just play Dark Souls instead of Zelda.
---
3DS: 0216-0887-1344, PSN and XBL: wyansas
#37swatkiller546Posted 8/8/2014 6:13:04 PM
sounds to me like a Nolonize zelda game! Badass!!
---
"Get down on your knees and cry!"
#38MumboJPosted 8/8/2014 6:13:45 PM
Violence = Maturity

lolkay
---
Et earello, endorenna utulien. Sinome maruvan, ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!
#39DarthStreakPosted 8/8/2014 6:13:50 PM
I can point you to some games you will be more interested in but this will never happen with the Legend of Zelda. The series is meant to appeal to everyone and does not need to be darker just to satisfy teenagers. Twilight Princess is the closest you will ever get to this.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4897-6261-9549
"My name is Reggie. I'm about kicking ass, I'm about taking names, and we're about making games" Reggie Fils-Aime
#40CharocksPosted 8/8/2014 6:15:11 PM
I agree with TC!

We need a Zelda with boobs out to

here! And blood! Lots of blood! And swearing! Link should scream "F***!' whenever he gets hit! FULL BODY DISMEMBERMENT!!! Link should get captured and tortured by Moblins and they try to guillotine him but Sheik saves him! One of the bosses can be a giant phallus!

Mature means a whole different thing in the gaming world and it has no place in our Zelda games. So no. We don't need it.
---
Former Xbox Fan - A Flying Ewok
Official Arrow in the Knee of the Skyrim board (360)