We need a more mature Zelda.

#41M-WatcherPosted 8/8/2014 5:17:49 PM
I can't take any argument about the Zelda series seriously if the person stating the argument refers to "Ganon" as "Gannon".
---
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9408 - 2283
Not quite leading Shulk Supporter on the SSB for Wii U Board. In fact, I'm not leading anything.
#42SuperNerdSorenPosted 8/8/2014 5:19:48 PM
No. The series is fine the way it is.
---
3DS: 2406-5192-8968 | Lv. 30 Pokemon battles ONLY | Safari: Electric (Pikachu/Dedenne)
#43Onion_JrPosted 8/8/2014 5:19:59 PM
Hey, let's make our game really dark, like it's always night and rainy and stuff, because lush greenery and sunlight are sugary kiddy things. The enemies also need to bleed and scream in agony as the hero decapitates them, because he's merciless and swears revenge on everyone who have wronged him. Now every gamer below the age of 13 can think they're playing a mature game and aren't kids anymore.

Game gets a M or 18+ rating, yet manages to be more silly and childish than most games rated T or 15+.

Yeah, please don't ever make Zelda "mature". The upcoming Zelda for the Wii U looks absolutely perfect, and would be completely ruined by this sort of "maturity".
---
Still closed... Still closed...
#44master_chief_82(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 5:20:27 PM
DarthStreak posted...
I can point you to some games you will be more interested in but this will never happen with the Legend of Zelda. The series is meant to appeal to everyone and does not need to be darker just to satisfy teenagers. Twilight Princess is the closest you will ever get to this.

Recommend me some. Maybe I haven't played them.
#45captaingooch19Posted 8/8/2014 5:22:28 PM
Like someone else said, play Darksiders 1 and 2. They are both great games. Plays like a Zelda / God of War hybrid which makes it awesome. Good story of redemption with lots of battles of angels and demons.
#46master_chief_82(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 5:25:02 PM
Forgive the misspelling, it is Ganon (I hate auto-spelling).
#47master_chief_82(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 5:26:28 PM
I'm suddenly getting the urge to play all the zelda games. (Except the computer ones).
#48IBKNAWTUPosted 8/8/2014 5:27:02 PM
MumboJ posted...
Violence = Maturity

lolkay

Charocks posted...
I agree with TC!

We need a Zelda with boobs out to

here! And blood! Lots of blood! And swearing! Link should scream "F***!' whenever he gets hit! FULL BODY DISMEMBERMENT!!! Link should get captured and tortured by Moblins and they try to guillotine him but Sheik saves him! One of the bosses can be a giant phallus!

Mature means a whole different thing in the gaming world and it has no place in our Zelda games. So no. We don't need it.

People like this are missing the point. Perhaps mature was the wrong word, but I would also like to see a Zelda game with a little bit more complexity to it. Take cartoon Joker vs Heath Ledger Joker for example. Same character, portrayed in two very different ways. Something darker could be really interesting. Twilight princess almost had it, but it was still a bit childish at times.

That being said, I wouldn't end up playing it anyways because Nintendo consoles are no longer worth the money for me- All I would want to play is Zelda, and that's not quite enough to warrant buying a whole console. Thus, I get my fill of swordplay and adventuring out of Skyrim which has the perk of being "endless" on PC.
---
Gabe: Reality has exiled you, you are no longer bound by its laws. - HoboSpartan
#49master_chief_82(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 5:33:01 PM
IBKNAWTU sees what I'm getting at. I don't mean mature like M rates games. I mean a more grown up story with a little bit more personal connection to it. Not too realistic but not too childish either.
#50RedWaggonPosted 8/8/2014 5:48:41 PM
master_chief_82 posted...
Granadico_ posted...
master_chief_82 posted...
I'd really like to see Nintendo do a reboot of Zelda in a sense. They should make Gannon a little darker, flesh the story out a little more, and actually give the game a realistic look just like the tech demo. I don't thick the violence should be overkill, but there needs to be a tint of blood and a really dark story that gives Link a real purpose to be fighting.

Don't get me wrong, the stories are good in the other games (especially Ocarina and Link to the Past). But we need a slightly stronger story, and the world of legend of Zelda is a good premise for a great story. I think there should be voice acting and yes, link should have a voice; it just needs to be done right.

I'm surprised this hasn't been crapped on yet

That's because it's a good idea. How do we know it couldn't work unless it's tried. If the writing and voice acting is good enough, if really could work.

It was tried....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPxY8lpYAUM