We need a more mature Zelda.

#51Free_sanPosted 8/8/2014 5:49:16 PM
...Keep your "mature" storylines to Halo sir master_chief_82.

Honestly, your description of how to make a Zelda game sounds like something that would come out of Halo. Except when that's placed in the zelda universe, it's just a cheesy plot.
#52trainer2689Posted 8/8/2014 5:49:42 PM
master_chief_82 posted...
IBKNAWTU sees what I'm getting at. I don't mean mature like M rates games. I mean a more grown up story with a little bit more personal connection to it. Not too realistic but not too childish either.

So...The Wind Waker.
#53RippleLaserPosted 8/8/2014 5:50:42 PM
So, mature has to be dark and edgy?

BTW I hated how brown TP was, and I don't want another gray brown Zelda. Real life is not desaturated brown.
---
Just according to keikaku*. *Keikaku means plan.
FC: 3308-4927-8051 Pansear Pyroar Braixen
#54JJH777Posted 8/8/2014 5:52:34 PM(edited)
No thank you. That would be the first console Zelda I don't buy.

Also discounting Wind Waker because it has a talking boat is pathetic.
---
9/2/13-The Hero of GameFAQs fought bravely but fell to an unrelenting horde supported by a corrupt tyranny.
R.I.P. Hero of Time, 7 time CB Champion, Link
#55silverwing525Posted 8/8/2014 5:53:42 PM
I'd really like to see Nintendo do a reboot of Zelda in a sense. They should make Gannon a little darker, flesh the story out a little more, and actually give the game a realistic look just like the tech demo. I don't thick the violence should be overkill, but there needs to be a tint of blood and a really dark story that gives Link a real purpose to be fighting.

Don't get me wrong, the stories are good in the other games (especially Ocarina and Link to the Past). But we need a slightly stronger story, and the world of legend of Zelda is a good premise for a great story. I think there should be voice acting and yes, link should have a voice; it just needs to be done right.

Ever play Twilight Princess or Majora's Mask? :/ Those seemed PRETTY DARK at times (or in Majora's Mask's case ALL THE TIME!)
---
Let the silver light of Justice fill the world!
Official Lugia of PMD and Pokemon.
#56Aegis_RunestonePosted 8/8/2014 5:54:21 PM
ANOTHER ONE of these? Please. No more. Good thing Nintendo doesn't read these threads.

StriderVM posted...
Funny..... Wind Waker in a sense does what you want. Have you played/finished it or dismissed it due to the cartoony visuals?

Pretty much this.

Wind waker had a boat that talks; twilight princess is a little bit closer to what I'm looking for except for turning into a wolf.

I find that hilarious that you dismiss the game because of the boat.
---
http://tinyurl.com/n36722v <- feel free to use, do not steal.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/402828/
#57MT_TRAEHPosted 8/8/2014 5:57:18 PM
Ghost-inZeShell posted...
How is that "mature".

13 year-olds think grimdark is mature.

that's how they mature
---
Annie > Lux > Miss Fortune > Sona > Cammy > Chun Li > Gardevoir > Rena > Misha > Hanako > Rin > Shizune > Lilly > Emi
#58burningxbridgesPosted 8/8/2014 5:57:54 PM
Hey, do you like Zelda games? Well here, let me take all the interesting things out of Zelda that make it unique, add in all of these things being done by every other game in the genre, but it's still Zelda because we'll keep the story. But... about that story, let's make it the focus. I know it's kind of silly, but if we make it dark enough, an adult man with pointy ears wearing a green uniform fighting a pig man to rescue a princess will be epic!!!

Nope.
#59Granadico_Posted 8/8/2014 5:59:33 PM
IBKNAWTU posted...
Take cartoon Joker vs Heath Ledger Joker for example. Same character, portrayed in two very different ways. Something darker could be really interesting.

Are you saying Batman Animated Series Joker isn't dark and mature? That was probably the most mature/dark Batman tv show ever made. If anything you got that backwards. Heath Ledger was mostly a mobid killer, while BtAS Joker was pretty dark, could be mature but was purposely immature, and found it fun to torture (look at Batman Beyond: Return of Joker's death scene for Joker). TDK Joker was just ruthless and didn't care about people's lives, while TAS Joker found it hilarious to torture and f*** with people.
To bring this on-topic, something along the lines of Majora's Mask is far more mature than whatever TC is asking.
---
Call me Granny
Currently playing: Xenoblade (Wii), Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS), and slowly but sure Half-Life 2 (PC) | NNID/Steam/etc:Granadico
#60ZarethPosted 8/8/2014 6:10:08 PM
If you mean not treat you like an idiot who doesn't know what a rupee is or where you're supposed to go next every 5 minutes, then I agree.

Grimdark Zelda is a nono. Although I would appreciate either a female or a middle aged or older Link.
---
It's okay, I have no idea who I am either.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/sage_assassin20/13295475117601.gif http://i.imgur.com/WOo6wcq.png