We need a more mature Zelda.

#61ShippoyashaPosted 8/8/2014 7:22:07 PM
Maybe they can try creepy again like Majora's Mask.
---
Rest in Peace, my beloved dog and family member 1999-2011
http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/mppi0/can_you_guess_the_gender/
#62SkyminxyzPosted 8/8/2014 7:23:08 PM
trainer2689 posted...
master_chief_82 posted...
IBKNAWTU sees what I'm getting at. I don't mean mature like M rates games. I mean a more grown up story with a little bit more personal connection to it. Not too realistic but not too childish either.

So...The Wind Waker.

Personally if the whole game's story in the Wind Waker was like Ganon's village story at the end, it'd been actually a really interesting yet somewhat depressing story. Basically we could even keep the WW visuals for all I care, as long as they tread themes such as trying to let go of the past, succumbing to madness (Zant...), to even another moon (only with a more serious bad ending).

Actually forget all of that, just give us the "Tech Demo" visuals + Ganon's story in the WW and a lot of fans would have been set. Perhaps even throw us the WW gameplay.
---
"Stating your opinion on GameFaqs is a declaration of war" - anonymous.
#63RoutannePosted 8/8/2014 7:32:36 PM
Id also like a mature Zelda. Maybe about 30 years old :)
#64Opethian5Posted 8/8/2014 7:45:49 PM(edited)
I agree with TC a bit here. Something that i have always liked in many of the past Zelda games is that there have been dark elements that contrast to the more lighthearted moments in the games.

This was one of my main problems with Skyward sword. The enemys didn't feel dangerous for example and the darker moments were extremely few so it felt like it didn't have that variation and sense of adventure like the past Zelda games and was a bit boring (i admit i really disliked the graphical style though)

Darker elements like TC talks about would be great in my opinion as long as it still has fun and cheerful moments. Its all about variation imo.
#65BasilVZeroPosted 8/8/2014 7:49:18 PM
I would like a Zelda more like Skyward Sword zelda but with more impact to the storyline (more appearances I mean).
---
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BasilZero
#66mjc0961Posted 8/8/2014 7:52:59 PM
Gannon

http://gannon-banned.com/
---
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game
#67CanadaGuy6Posted 8/8/2014 7:57:50 PM
TrstTheLord posted...
I think Twilight Princess went as far as they should with a more "mature" Zelda. That game did have blood as well.

Agreed. And it still got flak. So did Majora's Mask (which was also a rather "mature" take, if you think about it), though for different reasons (i.e. too short and too focused on sidequests and time mechanic). I'm not sure Zelda fans know what they want anymore in terms of aesthetics. Miyamoto and co. have tried all sorts of different aesthetic angles to the series, and every time the majority of people either like it or are okay with it, and a vocal minority hates it. They can't please everybody; they can only try to aim for those positive two-thirds.
---
Remember kids, every time you call a gamer "entitled", you're letting publishers create another pay-to-win, shovelware, or DLC-milking game.
#68mjc0961Posted 8/8/2014 7:59:21 PM
Charocks posted...
We need a Zelda with boobs out to

That's what Hyrule Warriors is for, apparently:

http://zelda.com/hyrule-warriors/_ui/images/screenshot5.jpg

"Let's give her armor but have her boobs out because that dignified princess look has got to go, and impractical armor is the cool thing to do!"
---
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game
#69mjc0961Posted 8/8/2014 8:01:20 PM
IBKNAWTU sees what I'm getting at. I don't mean mature like M rates games. I mean a more grown up story with a little bit more personal connection to it. Not too realistic but not too childish either.

So you want The Wind Waker. Cool. Go play that then.
---
AnthonM2 posted...
#70leonodoPosted 8/8/2014 8:03:28 PM
phoenixashes88 posted...
I agree, cougar Zelda would be sweet

---
Sunshine is overrated...
Pokemon x FC: 0130-2593-2107 Pokemon trainer name: Safyrya