WiiU is poised to do well this holidays

#1andizzle29662Posted 8/8/2014 4:53:31 PM
If Nintendo markets WiiU like last fall, coupled with a price cut and smash, WiiU can do very well this fall. Sales are up worldwide from last year, and this fall, both PS4 and XB1 won't have killer exclusives, WiiU has a chance to court sales with Smash and Amiibo. I also think Hyrule Warriors will sell WiiUs in Japan, and I predict Amiibo will be big this fall, if Nintendo partners with ToysRUs.
---
Most WANTED: Zelda WiiU, Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors, Smash bros WiiU/3DS, Freedom Wars, NBA 2K15, Assassins Creed Unity, Far Cry 3, Professor Layton vs AT
#2CubeTVPosted 8/8/2014 5:00:41 PM
Agreed. Just fix up the marketing. Last time I went to Toys R Us was for Guitar Hero On Tour for DS because Nintendo/Activision marketed it well (and was my first GH game).
---
Owner of: Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo GameCube, N64, Gameboy Advance and a PS1.
Want: A better computer, a PS3 and a new PSP. Don't like the PS2 & Wii
#3BoomerTheGreatPosted 8/8/2014 5:00:43 PM
I agree. Im mostly interested to see JPN sales in the holidays.
---
Greatness comes from within
#4andizzle29662(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 5:08:10 PM
BoomerTheGreat posted...
I agree. Im mostly interested to see JPN sales in the holidays.

That will be interesting!
---
Most WANTED: Zelda WiiU, Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors, Smash bros WiiU/3DS, Freedom Wars, NBA 2K15, Assassins Creed Unity, Far Cry 3, Professor Layton vs AT
#5PS4WarriorPosted 8/8/2014 5:11:41 PM
Consoles usually do well around the holidays, the Wii U's problem us doing well every other month.
#6Golden MavenPosted 8/8/2014 5:14:06 PM
andizzle29662 posted...
If Nintendo markets WiiU like last fall, coupled with a price cut and smash, WiiU can do very well this fall.

How come the Wii U doesn't have a specific release date, unlike the 3DS version? I don't think it's even a given it will be released in the fall.
#7Granadico_Posted 8/8/2014 5:15:21 PM
Golden Maven posted...
andizzle29662 posted...
If Nintendo markets WiiU like last fall, coupled with a price cut and smash, WiiU can do very well this fall.

How come the Wii U doesn't have a specific release date, unlike the 3DS version? I don't think it's even a given it will be released in the fall.

Smash games always get delayed, so that's probably why.
If Smash gets delayed to next year, Wii U is pretty much screwed this holiday
---
Call me Granny
Currently playing: Xenoblade (Wii), Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS), and slowly but sure Half-Life 2 (PC) | NNID/Steam/etc:Granadico
#8andizzle29662(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 5:39:24 PM
Golden Maven posted...
andizzle29662 posted...

It will, probably in an upcoming direct, going into detail about Amiibo as well.
---
#9DeodorantSprayPosted 8/8/2014 5:41:09 PM
People are in for a huge shock when they see Wii U sales.

3DS version has killed any chance of it having any kind of success, for the game itself and the console.
---
gameFAQs mods mad at me cos im rollin in my 600 benz
#10BladeManEXEPosted 8/8/2014 5:42:26 PM
Granadico_ posted...
Golden Maven posted...
andizzle29662 posted...

Smash games always get delayed, so that's probably why.
If Smash gets delayed to next year, Wii U is pretty much screwed this holiday

Neither Smash 64 nor Melee were. Only Brawl has been delayed prior to release.