Will you pay for online if Nintendo decides to go that route Next gen?

#1PS4WarriorPosted 8/8/2014 7:12:34 PM
Nintendo will probably go that route since their competition is. They're already testing the waters with the pokebank. They will most likely go monthly payments for their online service. Will you pay for online if Nintendo decides to go that direction?
#2Granadico_Posted 8/8/2014 7:14:35 PM
How is Pokebank testing the waters?
Also, depends. If its crap/expensive, then probably not. Even if its great i won't want to
---
Call me Granny
Currently playing: Xenoblade (Wii), Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS), and slowly but sure Half-Life 2 (PC) | NNID/Steam/etc:Granadico
#3PS4Warrior(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 7:15:46 PM
Granadico_ posted...
Also, depends. If its crap/expensive, then probably not. Even if its great i won't want to

It's testing the waters to see if fans would be up to pay monthly for something on their Nintendo console/handheld.
#4Pink_a_DinkPosted 8/8/2014 7:17:16 PM
Granadico_ posted...

IIRC, Pokebank requires monthly payments, and a ton of people still use it anyways. That's what he's referring too I'm sure.

But, hell no. Nintendo hardly even has games with decent online (only games I could think of on the spot is MK8 and Smash).
---
My reaction when stupid people say stupid things - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBVhfdduwfo
The Wii U board is seriously just awful.
#5Granadico_Posted 8/8/2014 7:21:41 PM
Its like $5 a year for cloud usage. I guess you could see it as that, but i see more as a convenience thing.
---
Call me Granny
Currently playing: Xenoblade (Wii), Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS), and slowly but sure Half-Life 2 (PC) | NNID/Steam/etc:Granadico
#6Shadowbird_RHPosted 8/8/2014 7:28:15 PM
No. I won't pay to play online on the PS4 when I get one, and I won't pay to play online should Nintendo's set up something of that nature.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#7random_man9119Posted 8/8/2014 7:40:02 PM
I'm already not looking forward to paying for online when I get my PS4 just to play with friends... So no... I would not pay for it if Nintendo did it...
---
NNID:MrOddities|SteamID:Mr.Oddities
Currently playing:Skyrim,Borderlands 2,Dragon Quest IX,LoZ: Minish Cap,Wario Land 4,Guacamelee!STCE,Fallout 3
#8NovaLevossidaPosted 8/8/2014 7:45:14 PM
I see nothing from Nintendo that warrants an online service fee. I don't see them providing the value PS Plus offers let alone getting to the level of XBL Gold from last gen.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#9StarFighter364Posted 8/8/2014 7:46:22 PM
Shadowbird_RH posted...
No. I won't pay to play online on the PS4 when I get one, and I won't pay to play online should Nintendo's set up something of that nature.

This. I don't have a PS4 yet due to not having the money for it, and there being no games out for it that I want, but I intend to get one later, however, even at that point, I will not pay for online, and the same goes for if Nintendo does it too.
---
I fight for my friends.
#10WariofanaticPosted 8/8/2014 7:53:19 PM
Unless Nintendo seriously upgrades its online... then no.