Is the Mario + Luigi bundle a good start?

#1DiayamondoPosted 8/8/2014 6:33:51 PM
It has two games, but I'm not sure about it since I haven't even beat/finished playing NSMBWii.

The Wii U seems like a good console. Since it's cheaper, I'm getting it first.
#2RadioOutriderPosted 8/8/2014 6:47:23 PM
I wouldn't recommend those games, but they're not awful. If a time waster is all you want, they'll do the trick. However, I would recommend the Zelda or Mario Kart bundles
#3burningxbridgesPosted 8/8/2014 6:50:59 PM
Nintendo sells a refurb bundle that comes just like new for $200 on their online store. Includes Nintendoland (sealed), a fun game full of Nintendo-themed mini games that help introduce the gamepad. It's the deluxe 32gb console, as well. I'd recommend it.
#4Diayamondo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 6:53:56 PM
burningxbridges posted...
Nintendo sells a refurb bundle that comes just like new for $200 on their online store. Includes Nintendoland (sealed), a fun game full of Nintendo-themed mini games that help introduce the gamepad. It's the deluxe 32gb console, as well. I'd recommend it.

Well, I'd rather buy the Zelda or Mario + Luigi bundle.

RadioOutrider posted...
I wouldn't recommend those games, but they're not awful. If a time waster is all you want, they'll do the trick. However, I would recommend the Zelda or Mario Kart bundles

Why wouldn't you recommend them?
#5Legend053180Posted 8/8/2014 6:54:44 PM
Value wise that's the best bundle.
And NSMBU and NSLBU are great games if 2D Mario is your thing. But I like the Zelda and Kart bundles better myself.
#6Diayamondo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 6:57:55 PM
Legend053180 posted...
And NSMBU and NSLBU are great games if 2D Mario is your thing. But I like the Zelda and Kart bundles better myself.

Is the Zelda bundle good for a first time Wii U owner?
#7burningxbridgesPosted 8/8/2014 7:01:41 PM
You could buy the bundle I mentioned - then get Zelda and NSMBU + NSLU from Amazon, all for the same cost as an in store bundle. Except you get 4 games instead of 1 or 2. It's by far the better deal, but that's just my suggestion.
#8ManocheesePosted 8/8/2014 7:03:21 PM(edited)
Diayamondo posted...
Legend053180 posted...

Is the Zelda bundle good for a first time Wii U owner?

It's good if you haven't played Wind Waker before. Otherwise, the Mario and Luigi bundle is probably better.
---
()_() Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
(o.o) http://manocheese.googlepages.com/manocheesery
#9Legend053180Posted 8/8/2014 7:02:47 PM
Yes.
Though if I recall the Kart bundle comes with a WiiRemote Plus, which runs $40 in the store.
Not necessary for single player, but nice to have for company.

I got the Zelda bundle and love it.
It comes with a digital copy of Hyrule Historia and of course Windwaker HD, but also the Zelda decorated gamepad is very pretty on the shelf.
#10ManocheesePosted 8/8/2014 7:03:04 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]