Is the Mario + Luigi bundle a good start?

#11mjc0961Posted 8/8/2014 7:19:13 PM
burningxbridges posted...
Nintendo sells a refurb bundle that comes just like new for $200 on their online store. Includes Nintendoland (sealed), a fun game full of Nintendo-themed mini games that help introduce the gamepad. It's the deluxe 32gb console, as well. I'd recommend it.

And then, when you take Nintendoland out of the console never to play it again because the novelty wore off, it will also help say goodbye to the gamepad, because that's the last time you'll ever use it for anything more than a map screen or oversized controller when you could be using a Pro Controller instead.
---
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game
#12RadioOutriderPosted 8/8/2014 8:00:29 PM
Diayamondo posted...
Nintendo sells a refurb bundle that comes just like new for $200 on their online store. Includes Nintendoland (sealed), a fun game full of Nintendo-themed mini games that help introduce the gamepad. It's the deluxe 32gb console, as well. I'd recommend it.

Well, I'd rather buy the Zelda or Mario + Luigi bundle.

RadioOutrider posted...
I wouldn't recommend those games, but they're not awful. If a time waster is all you want, they'll do the trick. However, I would recommend the Zelda or Mario Kart bundles

Why wouldn't you recommend them?

The New Super Mario series has always struck me as bland and phoned in. There is no heart, no attention to detail, and no innovation.
#13Diayamondo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2014 5:40:07 AM
Well, I probably won't be able to get another game for a while after getting the Wii U. Not sure, but with that in mind, I assume the Mario + Luigi bundle wins in terms of lasting long?
#14Legend053180Posted 8/9/2014 7:06:07 AM
Diayamondo posted...
Well, I probably won't be able to get another game for a while after getting the Wii U. Not sure, but with that in mind, I assume the Mario + Luigi bundle wins in terms of lasting long?

If you want it to last awhile, go Windwaker. I put 80 hours into my one playthrough. Then you can replay it in Hero (hard) Mode.
#15XRay2984Posted 8/9/2014 7:12:40 AM
I would say yes, as you'll get a lot of mileage out of those games since there are two of them. And there are plenty of other good titles either already out or on the way.
---
"It's dangerous to go alone! Take this."
3DS FC: 3909-7604-9701
#16PungabiPosted 8/9/2014 7:58:08 AM
Yes it is a good value if you like Mario games TC, sorry to ask this but what is the main difference between NSMBU and NSLU?
#17BoomerTheGreatPosted 8/9/2014 8:15:33 AM
For aesthetics purposes I would prefer the WW bundle. I just enjoy looking at the gamepad. As far as NSMBU I havent played it yet because its on my kids WiiU. I assume if you liked NSMB Wii you will like NSMBU. Diya I suggest checking Amazon for your game purchases since your funds arre limited. Alot of games are like 20$. Also google 6aming.com for deals
---
Greatness comes from within
#18otterguy12Posted 8/9/2014 9:15:08 AM
mjc0961 posted...

And then, when you take Nintendoland out of the console never to play it again because the novelty wore off, it will also help say goodbye to the gamepad, because that's the last time you'll ever use it for anything more than a map screen or oversized controller when you could be using a Pro Controller instead.

And that's a problem because? Everybody whines about having "innovation" in games, but as soon as game companies do that, no one buys that game they all whined about getting. Sales can prove this is true.
---
Only a Falcon Punch can break pure Nintendium.
"PC is not part of console wars. Did you see gods being part of world war I and II?" -Tyranius2