Are the WiiU Pro Controllers discontinued or something?

#1soccerj75Posted 8/9/2014 7:38:54 AM
I looked in 9 stores already and none of them have it..at all. Went to 3 gamestops, 2 walmarts, Toys R Us, Target, Best Buy, and Sears. All of them told me they don't know went they will have it in stock, again.The guy at Target also told me that The controller has been discontinued in all of it's stores. What the hell? The Controller has only been out for less than 2 years. I think i just might order one off Amazon but it's almost $70. Anybody else having trouble finding one?
#2vashtrichamPosted 8/9/2014 7:40:55 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Wii-U-Pro-Controller-White-Nintendo/dp/B009AFLXJS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1407598834&sr=8-2&keywords=wiiu+pro
---
Marvel heroes: Cap and Gambit
#3The_BonesPosted 8/9/2014 7:42:10 AM
Best Buy had them on sale not too long ago which is where I got mine.
#4PungabiPosted 8/9/2014 7:56:33 AM
I was lucky to find a black one at my local GameStop, I actually had to go to 2 different GS the first was sold out then they called the store down the street and they had 1 left and when I bought it the guy said I got lucky, so it might be I don't know.
#5LMwest09Posted 8/9/2014 9:25:58 AM
The BestBuy here discontinued the white one, wanted to snag that when they had it at $10 but was too slow. Unfortunately the black one isn't discontinued anywhere, just the white so it's hard to find one cheap.
#6burningxbridgesPosted 8/9/2014 9:42:55 AM
Nope. They're always in every store I go to that sells video game accessories. If all else fails, ebay. I got one there for $6.
#7Granadico_Posted 8/9/2014 9:47:27 AM
burningxbridges posted...
Nope. They're always in every store I go to that sells video game accessories. If all else fails, ebay. I got one there for $6.

I tried that, didn't realize i got a bootleg instead of a real one :\ wondering if i could trade it in somewhere..
---
Call me Granny
Currently playing: Xenoblade (Wii), Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS), and slowly but sure Half-Life 2 (PC) | NNID/Steam/etc:Granadico
#8dascylusPosted 8/9/2014 9:50:52 AM(edited)
Try Walmart/Target online and do ship-to-store if desperate, they always have them. As for that Target employee, he should be transferred from electronics to clothing and apparel for not knowing diddly squat about video game news.
#9burningxbridgesPosted 8/9/2014 9:49:46 AM
Granadico_ posted...

I tried that, didn't realize i got a bootleg instead of a real one :\ wondering if i could trade it in somewhere..

That sucks. I would have just returned it. How long ago was it? You may still be able to report them for selling counterfeit merchandise and ebay will give you your money back.
#10dascylusPosted 8/9/2014 9:51:56 AM
Granadico_ posted...

That sucks. I would have just returned it. How long ago was it? You may still be able to report them for selling counterfeit merchandise and ebay will give you your money back.

I'm usually wary about what I get on eBay, it's about as safe as Craigslist when you find things for dirt cheap.