I wished nintendo games would be more mature

#11MoreLemonPledgePosted 8/9/2014 3:37:57 PM
I feel games like Fire Emblem and Xenoblade are already mature.

They are nothing like Nintendo's usual brand of "fun for the whole family".
#12StriderVMPosted 8/9/2014 4:29:36 PM
I think the themes you mention loss, betrayal, love, war, and many others are in Zelda games, unforutnately they tend to be background lore rather than, for example in Majora's Mask, most of the Masks you acquire in the tend tend to have sad to horrible stories behind them.

Ganondorf's backstory in Wind Waker is kind of tragic in a way as well.

As for Fire Emblem, it has a lot of those things you mentioned. Even the first game and it's remake Shadow Dragon has it as well.
---
Hope for the Best. But expect the worst.
#13arvilinoPosted 8/9/2014 4:41:12 PM(edited)
hotdogboy96 posted...
Asian_Charizard posted...
it seems as though you just all games to be the same, realistic, dark and gritty.

not true at all, there are plenty of games that are colorful, while having mature themes. One example, I can think of right now is the kingdom hearts series.

If you think Kingdom Hearts has mature themes, you absolutely must accept that the Legend of Zelda has them.
---
'The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time.'
3DS: 2449-4649-4995
#14Luigi4PresidentPosted 8/9/2014 4:45:43 PM
Sorry, I can't hear you over Mother 3, Xenoblade, Majora's Mask, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn- *shot*
---
The washer fluid is not fine!
#15TheMisterManGuyPosted 8/9/2014 6:06:04 PM
MoreLemonPledge posted...
I feel games like Fire Emblem and Xenoblade are already mature.

They are nothing like Nintendo's usual brand of "fun for the whole family".

Actually this is kind of a misconception. Fire Emblem and Xenoblade are actually appropriate for preteens in Japan as they're rated B by the CERO, which is for ages 12 and up. The only reason they seem more mature is due to differing content standards between Japan and the US. Though that doesn't mean these games aren't mature.
#16SuperNeonManGuyPosted 8/10/2014 11:45:37 AM
adult themes you say? you mean like kidnapping, murder, love, adapting to loss, fighting for your family?

*points at wind waker*

nintendo does put adult themes in their games, they're normally just subtle and masked by an unusual artstyle, just look and you'll find it. also i'd like to mention that adult themes can be explored in a non-real-world setting, yes you are a pointy-eared character of fictional race with blonde hair and a green (k)night cap but relationships, grieving and fear can all be explored just as well (or in some cases better than) "real-world" games such as the last of us
---
NNID: TallPerson
#17zeroroutePosted 8/10/2014 8:43:37 PM
Luigi4President posted...
Sorry, I can't hear you over Mother 3, Xenoblade, Majora's Mask, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn- *shot*

---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#18Jack_the_monke7Posted 8/10/2014 9:04:07 PM
Do you play Fire Emblem? You say you wish it involved mature themes but Fire Emblem games have dealt with loss, betrayal, murder, murder, suicide, incest, racism, rape, and slavery.
---
King Boo for Super Smash Bros.
Spread the word, show your support
#19-soy-Posted 8/10/2014 9:48:32 PM
aside from the "but nintendo already have those elements" arguments, i hope nintendo acquire bayonetta. imho they could put her to a good use in the future.
#20deathwave21Posted 8/10/2014 10:48:35 PM
hotdogboy96 posted...
hear me out, I'm not referring mature as in blood & gore, nudity, and cussing. What I mean by mature is their games should be more sophisticated and have adult themes such as loss, betrayal, love, war, and many others. Now do I expect games like mario to have these themes? No, but games like zelda, metroid, fire emblem, etc. should have them, so they can become more immersive. Nintendo has proven in the past that they can do mature games that don't rely on the above like majora's mask, but I feel as though they need to make more of these games. If they did this, they could gained back the hardcore crowds.

Sounds to me like you need a new hobby bro. Videogames are made for kids.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!