Do you guys use an LCD or Plasma for the WiiU?

#1Bayonetta_Posted 8/10/2014 5:00:39 AM
What do you believe is best for modern gaming? Some will say Newer 120/240hz LEDs because of the interpolation which can be used on 30fps games to eliminate that double image effect of low frames. But this is only if your LCD already has low lag of course.

Plasma TVs on the other hand have great black levels and contrast. Back in the day I would say Plasmas have better motion but some of these new leds are pretty damn impressive even without interpolation.
#2astutecolliePosted 8/10/2014 5:09:36 AM
I have a new bravia led. Its pretty awesome. Looks as good as any plasma.
#3mokmuudPosted 8/10/2014 5:11:12 AM
I use a 120Hz LED tv.
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#4GensokyoPosted 8/10/2014 5:11:53 AM
I use my old Gameboy screen.
---
3DS FC: 4742 - 5987 - 5552
#5Krambo42Posted 8/10/2014 5:21:48 AM
I use a DLP
#6blinkfreakPosted 8/10/2014 5:26:08 AM
Plasma for me. The picture quality is amazing compared to the other technologies. At least it used to be. I've seen some LED/LCD TVs that look just as good now. But back in the day LCD was pretty terrible in comparison, at least I think so. I ditched my LCD a few years ago and the difference was jaw dropping.
#7KaiserWarriorPosted 8/10/2014 7:21:46 AM
Plasma. I might be able to match the image quality of my plasma by picking up a very expensive LED TV with a lot of bells and whistles, but why would I do that when my Plasma does the job as good or better?
#8CranberryPSOPosted 8/10/2014 7:23:43 AM
I'm still on my old SD TV. If I upgrade it to an HD screen, my zapper gun won't work anymore, and the Dog will laugh at me...
---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 4
#9JKSonicPosted 8/10/2014 7:45:10 AM(edited)
I would say for anybody who actually cares about picture and especially if that person is artistic (into photography, painting, graphic design, etc), they should definitely get a decent plasma. While LCD's have caught up quite a bit, it's still next to impossible to get an LCD with a picture as good as a plasma, for the price of a plasma.

I got mine a while back, I think in 2009 or so...and I still am amazed with the picture. The hz is insanely better on a plasma and the black levels are still pretty much unmatched except for the very best, top of the line LCD's. For faster moving stuff like sports or video games plasma is amazing.

The one advantage LCD's have is they are generally better in brighter rooms, and if you like a really sharp look than they may be for you. Just be away they are artificially sharp looking in most cases. That being said, plasmas are a dying breed and they get much hotter and use more energy...

PS - True burn in is really a non-issue nowadays unless you TRY to do it. There's pixel orbiters, options in many games to change the HUD opacity, and many people mistake temporary burn-in with permanent.
---
http://www.kulhaphotography.com
http://www.abstractedrealism.com
#10vashtrichamPosted 8/10/2014 8:14:58 AM
JKSonic posted...
I would say for anybody who actually cares about picture and especially if that person is artistic (into photography, painting, graphic design, etc), they should definitely get a decent plasma. While LCD's have caught up quite a bit, it's still next to impossible to get an LCD with a picture as good as a plasma, for the price of a plasma.

I got mine a while back, I think in 2009 or so...and I still am amazed with the picture. The hz is insanely better on a plasma and the black levels are still pretty much unmatched except for the very best, top of the line LCD's. For faster moving stuff like sports or video games plasma is amazing.

The one advantage LCD's have is they are generally better in brighter rooms, and if you like a really sharp look than they may be for you. Just be away they are artificially sharp looking in most cases. That being said, plasmas are a dying breed and they get much hotter and use more energy...

PS - True burn in is really a non-issue nowadays unless you TRY to do it. There's pixel orbiters, options in many games to change the HUD opacity, and many people mistake temporary burn-in with permanent.

Had two plasmas since 09 get burn in and yes it is still a problem without trying. Fell asleep one night on espn and the ticker was burned in. On the other plasma the news ticker is burned in.
---
Marvel heroes: Cap and Gambit