Idea for a Wario World sequel involving Waluigi

#1wiiking96Posted 8/10/2014 6:32:33 AM
Waluigi is amusing enough to deserve at least a chance of appearing alongside Wario in one of his two series. He would fit into Wario Ware very well, and he could be interesting in a Wario Land environment. However, I think that he has the most potential in a 3D environment. Wario World has shown us what a 3D Wario game could be like. I think that a sequel to that game that involves Waluigi as a significant new element could be really cool.

Anyway, here's the jist of my idea. Waluigi would accompany Wario directly in gameplay, and there would be four different formations of the two.

1. Follow-igi
2. Piggyback Bros
3. Purple Club
4. Separated

Follow-igi
In this formation, Waluigi simply trails behind Wario on the ground. Combat is most similar to how it was Wario World in this formation. Wario can use several basic moves, build up simple combos, and pick up stunned enemies for a few different throws. Waluigi's role is in crowd control. You can have him help out by using some attacks that are weaker but have better range. He's great at keeping enemies off of Wario's back. In addition, attacking with the two simultaneously can lead to some interesting combos.

Outside of combat, Waluigi expands upon the types of puzzles that Wario can solve. He can get a boost from Wario and reach higher places.

Piggyback Bros - http://imgur.com/0tC1CJd.jpg
As can be seen by the image, this formation has Wario providing a ride for Waluigi. The combat focuses more on Waluigi due to Wario needing to hold him steady. Several of the moves have the two working together to produce unique attacks. Waluigi is also the one who grabs stunned enemies. Note that, when dashing, Waluigi's arms flail behind him and can cause damage to enemies behind you.

Outside of combat, a few different puzzle-solving abilities can be initiated with Waluigi riding piggyback. He can grab onto high points on the ceiling to allow you to find secrets, for instance. One of the most common actions you will be performing with this formation is a toss forward where the two characters get separated. You tend to want to use this formation when you have to progress through narrow areas where Waluigi could bump into stuff and take damage.

Purple Club
Wario can also wield Waluigi like a blunt weapon. He holds him by his ankles and swings him around for powerful attacks with excellent range. Waluigi participates by making the blows more effective via specific movements; this is accomplished by the player with Waluigi's primary button. Note that while this has by far the most raw power out of the formations, it lacks the feature of being able to pick up stunned enemies. Instead, you just smack them while they're downed. Waluigi is most vulnerable to taking damage in this formation.

Outside of combat, there are two optional moves that can be performed. The first is a pole vaulting move, and the second is a javelin throw. Both require a fairly large amount of straight running space to be initiated.

Separated
Sometimes, in order to solve puzzles and traverse specific areas, you need to seperate the two characters. There may be instances where you need to have Waluigi hit a switch in a location that Wario can't go to. Waluigi can reach a much larger variety of locations than Wario due to his thin and lanky build, but he lacks meaningful combat capabilities without while alone. He also lacks raw physical strength, so he can't smash blocks or pound things, for instance. He can, however, creep out enemies so that they prefer to not bother him.

The game would be built around these different mechanics in addition to unique scenarios in the levels.

Thoughts?
Questions?
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Bowser, Fawful and King Dedede all for their own games!
#2mjc0961Posted 8/10/2014 6:46:06 AM
I just want a new Wario Land game like 2 and 3. None of that 4 and Shake It crap with a health bar and rushing back to the exit at the end. That stuff is rubbish.

As far as Waliugi, meh.
---
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game
#3LamesyPosted 8/10/2014 6:51:39 AM
Watch out. People just hate on Waluigi nonstop. He's up there with Daisy in the "Why are you here?" category.

I like both chars design-wise. I don't need a storyline reason for characters to exist. But I think the fanbase would react negatively to either character being prominently featured.
#4SegavsCapcomPosted 8/10/2014 7:36:29 AM
I'd actually buy that.

Or a Mario and Luigi game were you could tag team with Wario and Waluigi.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#5PrincessEevee9Posted 8/10/2014 8:14:52 AM
Waluigi is a worthless character and until Nintendo starts noticing his existence then maybe he can be in the main titles.
#6random_man9119Posted 8/10/2014 9:17:20 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/69538237

I think we should mash our ideas together :P

Really cool ideas btw
---
NNID:MrOddities|SteamID:Mr.Oddities
Currently playing:Skyrim,Borderlands 2,Dragon Quest IX,LoZ: Minish Cap,Wario Land 4,Guacamelee!STCE,Fallout 3
#7wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2014 10:17:15 AM
Lamesy posted...
Watch out. People just hate on Waluigi nonstop. He's up there with Daisy in the "Why are you here?" category.

I like both chars design-wise. I don't need a storyline reason for characters to exist. But I think the fanbase would react negatively to either character being prominently featured.

I can't see people taking issue with Waluigi appearing alongside Wario in one of his games for once. The game could be treated as a mini origin story of Waluigi's presence in the spin-offs. He could claim to be a several-times-removed distant relative of Wario's. Wario would initially just see him as a potential stick to whack enemies with, but he would warm up to his presence as a full partner.
---
#8wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2014 5:45:18 PM
bump
---
#9mario6464646464Posted 8/10/2014 5:57:58 PM
Lamesy posted...

#10ExodecaiPosted 8/10/2014 7:10:04 PM
As someone who strongly wants to see Waluigi finally appear in something that isn't a Mario spinoff... I fully support a game like this! It sounds like a ton of fun
---
http://www.change.org/petitions/nintendo-give-waluigi-a-chance-in-the-spotlight
Let's try giving Waluigi a chance in the spotlight! 410+ supporters!