So basically Wii U gets no multiplatform games at all from now on?

#1AstralFrostPosted 8/10/2014 2:56:11 PM
Watch Dogs is MIA, Assassin's Creed has been announced as not incoming, there's no Batman, Call of Duty, Destiny, EA is ignoring the console altogether and even Capcom isn't really putting out.

Is this really the future Wii U owners have to look forward to now? Are there even any multiplats announced? If so please let me know because I find this really upsetting.

Nintendo really should have done a better job at courting third parties, I don't blame devs or fans at all for this.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#2Angleslam2KPosted 8/10/2014 2:58:21 PM
Watch Dogs should come out later this year but for the rest you're right except for some indies maybe. This isn't new to Nintendo though. They've been having this problem since 1996
---
ALL TOASTERS TOAST TOAST
#3squatch22Posted 8/10/2014 2:58:31 PM
A new and interesting topic theme ...
---
I now have 2 followers (Or 1 and his alt) that think I live with my mum who died in 2002.
#4AstralFrost(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2014 3:01:49 PM
Angleslam2K posted...
Watch Dogs should come out later this year but for the rest you're right except for some indies maybe. This isn't new to Nintendo though. They've been having this problem since 1996

Wii got a lot of third party games. Not a lot of multiplats but at least third parties were putting games on it. This gen it seems third parties have now abandoned them altogether, no exclusives is bad enough but no multiplats either on a console that was apparently built for it is shocking.

As for Watch Dogs, thats been MIA for a while now. You'd think it couldn't be that hard to get a PS3 game to run on the Wii U.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#5VanderZooPosted 8/10/2014 3:02:53 PM
Capcom needs to be wined and dined first.
---
Last gen to-play list: Okami HD, Peace Walker HD, Red Dead Redemption, Nier.
Currently playing: FFX/X-2 HD
#6Murderstorm117Posted 8/10/2014 3:03:01 PM
Hey its getting smash bros thats one multiplat
---
NNID Mstorm
Proud owner of PS4 since Day 1 Proud owner of Xbox One since 3/11/14
#7AstralFrost(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2014 3:04:08 PM
Murderstorm117 posted...
Hey its getting smash bros thats one multiplat

lmao
---
#8AstralFrost(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2014 3:06:15 PM
VanderZoo posted...
Capcom needs to be wined and dined first.

Giving Monster Hunter exclusivity to Nintendo was pretty huge but both the home consoles kinda wasted it, hence MH4 being 3DS only.
---
#9Angleslam2KPosted 8/10/2014 3:06:46 PM
AstralFrost posted...
Angleslam2K posted...

Wii got a lot of third party games. Not a lot of multiplats but at least third parties were putting games on it. This gen it seems third parties have now abandoned them altogether, no exclusives is bad enough but no multiplats either on a console that was apparently built for it is shocking.

As for Watch Dogs, thats been MIA for a while now. You'd think it couldn't be that hard to get a PS3 game to run on the Wii U.

I was specifically referring to those multiplats. Wii got a lot of 3rd party games but when it came to multiplats we either got a neutered version or an alternative version which only shared the name of the multiplat. I remember when the awesome War on Cybertron games came out on PS3 and Wii got a Transformers game in which you couldn't even transform.

As for Watch Dogs, I believe that Ubisoft claimed that a seperate team was working on the Wii U version.
---
ALL TOASTERS TOAST TOAST
#10Prince ShondronaiPosted 8/10/2014 3:06:51 PM
We should still see plenty of indie and other downloadable multiplats on the Wii U.
---
Lobotomy means never having to say you're sorry.