What's the worst Mario Kart game and why?

#21DysentraPosted 8/11/2014 4:49:52 AM
Worst handheld is super circuit. it's like a terrible mix of super and 64. Wii is easily worst console version. Blue shells made it really hard to get full stars.
#22BalloonBattle05Posted 8/11/2014 5:38:02 AM
The_Shadow_Link posted...
Worst is Mario Kart 7 for being a rushed mess, Mario Kart 8 is second worse for adopting too much from the rushed mess and only fixing a few of it's problems whilst adding a myriad of new ones. I'm not going to get distracted by them having the prettiest graphics and music like most people are, physics, item balance, character roster, track length and track design those 2 games are the worst.

---
A GameFAQs user from August 1, 2010 to March 27, 2012.
Known as Megaleg back then.
#23Megamushroom666Posted 8/11/2014 5:59:46 AM
Mario Kart: Super Circuit is the worst.
---
'Deep into that darkness peering...'
Snackeroo.com
#24ScootaluigiPosted 8/11/2014 9:25:31 AM
Super Mario Kart is the worst.
The AI is the absolute worst in the series, very few of the courses were memorable, and the items were lacking.
---
Kidnapping is wrong! I'll be careful not to kidnap anyone.
#25blunderminePosted 8/11/2014 9:30:19 AM
I've never played any of the portable ones, but I would say 64 is the worst. It feels so slow and monotonous now.
---
Next Gen's system names:
PlayStation 5, Xbox Zero, Thwii
#26VRX3000Posted 8/11/2014 9:44:34 AM
Double Dash.

Every Single level feels like it has ice physics. No matter what kart you use, you slide around everywhere. There are very bad character imbalances with some of the specials, and I hated a lot of the tracks in it.
---
I'm really starting to think mods hate me. no...it's official now.
#27NCPwnPosted 8/11/2014 9:46:04 AM
I disliked the Mario Kart Wii, what ever number it was. Not only was motion control a bad gimmic, the courses were mostly reused ones, and really bad ones. Not a memorable one I enjoyed.

Mario Kart on SNES, N64, GC, and Wii-U I much enjoyed all of those more.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
The Last of Us, NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#28RatheVPosted 8/11/2014 9:58:34 AM
Cloud75x posted...
RatheV posted...
The original. It's just not a great game, even for its time, IMO - perma-split screen ruined it, along with awkward controls and a dumb item system.

it was a concept idea, not really a new IP at the time, sales helped make that happen. The items were dumb? as in the items still used today.... also used in the same way? lolok.

I don't care what you call it. 'Concept idea' 'not a new IP', whatever. That doesn't make it a fun game.

And no, the items were not the same. Computers all got the same item, all the time, whenever they wanted them. Which largely destroyed any sense of balance the item system is supposed to give you, at least when playing against the computer.
#29shroom_ninja_XPosted 8/11/2014 12:25:53 PM
The original's still a fun game, IMO. I would rank it ahead of 64 myself.

* More tracks

* the feather (Alongside the mushroom and given the way tracks were designed, players were able to improvise their own shortcuts)

* Lightweights weren't OP (heavier characters had higher top speeds and low acceleration, lighter characters had lower top speeds, higher acceleration in the SNES title and most other games, but in 64, the lightweights were just >>>>>>>)

While the game shows it's age, I still consider it a pretty good title. Definitely an acquired taste.
---
Word to your mother.
#30snake_5036Posted 8/11/2014 12:34:06 PM
Every MK game where karts slide instead of turning is the worst. Automatically. No need to even play them because they're trash. Even F Zero could muster proper turning on the same hardware where Mario Kart decided to have sliding.
---
Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady.