Should Zelda U have a Loot and Gear system?

#1Polo5lash18Posted 8/10/2014 10:46:18 PM
I think if they are going for an Open World experience they should have tons of secret weapons and gear that improve Links abilities.

I'm not saying they should add a level system for Link... But I think Nintendo have gone way too far of what Link really is (Us the players). So we should be able to customize him (at least his clothes).

What do you guys think?
---
PSN: Poloslash18 NNID: LMRazor814
Member of the LSC! Lightings beat water type Pokemons.
#2ssyl9Posted 8/10/2014 11:19:45 PM
Although I would like to see it happen, I cant see how it can be implemented.

Since Zelda games, unlike the normal RPGs, are mostly look for clues and solve a puzzle kind of RPGs. Items you get (loots) are essential to solve the puzzles. It is never a shine your best gear and kill the monster type of RPG, more like find a way to kill the boss kind.

So having better gears may work only to the extent of "you can make more mistakes while killing a boss".

However, I dont see why nintendo cant have a dress up system implemented so we can dress up link however we want...
---
FC: 3496-9980-2182
#3LightbornePosted 8/10/2014 11:30:56 PM
ssyl9 posted...

Since Zelda games, unlike the normal RPGs, are mostly look for clues and solve a puzzle kind of RPGs. Items you get (loots) are essential to solve the puzzles. It is never a shine your best gear and kill the monster type of RPG, more like find a way to kill the boss kind.

So having better gears may work only to the extent of "you can make more mistakes while killing a boss".

However, I dont see why nintendo cant have a dress up system implemented so we can dress up link however we want...

Darkaiders did it very well and is very much like zelda and add a real rpg elements as well.
---
The most wasted of all days is a day without laughter.
#4Polo5lash18(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2014 12:27:26 AM
Lightborne posted...
ssyl9 posted...

Darkaiders did it very well and is very much like zelda and add a real rpg elements as well.

This...

Like I said, this is more OW themed zelda, they can do like Darksiders 2: If you can go everywhere, you need to have limitations like more powerful enemies, having weapons with special attributes and having the gear for the dungeons as Primary abilities
---
PSN: Poloslash18 NNID: LMRazor814
Member of the LSC! Lightings beat water type Pokemons.
#5oldhbk76Posted 8/11/2014 1:43:25 AM
I wish, but no, nintendo should make a new IP with open world and loot
---
gamer tag SteelWolf76: Wii U ID: steelwolf76 PSN:steelwolv76
#6vattodevPosted 8/11/2014 1:54:14 AM
Did you play Skyward Sword? There was loot in that game. You could improve nearly every item in Link's arsenal with those items. You had to unlock them first, though.
---
Have fun with whatever you like instead of telling people that they are having fun the wrong way.
3DS FC: 0748-3443-8121
#7LightbornePosted 8/11/2014 8:50:54 AM
vattodev posted...
Did you play Skyward Sword? There was loot in that game. You could improve nearly every item in Link's arsenal with those items. You had to unlock them first, though.

I didn't know that about skyward sword its about time zelda got rpg elements. Im going to have to get a Wii u more now then ever.
---
The most wasted of all days is a day without laughter.
#8SuperNeonManGuyPosted 8/11/2014 8:53:40 AM(edited)
so... skyward sword?

edit: beaten :/ should really read everything if it's less than 1 page
---
NNID: TallPerson
#9TomoEK9Posted 8/11/2014 9:11:57 AM
A gear system would be cool. I felt Zelda always had a primitive gear system, I mean take a look at OoT where things like your tunic, sword and shield were constantly evolving with different strength and durability levels.

I actually always wished they went in further depth with it.
#10Ness0123456789Posted 8/11/2014 9:23:12 AM(edited)
Adding Darksiders 2 (or any ARPG)'a loot system into a Zelda game would be, without a doubt, the greatest thing to happen to mankind since the invention of placing food between two slices of bread and calling it a sandwich.

vattodev posted...

That's not what the TC is referring to at all.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI