Do you think Nintendo is as greedy as 3rd parties?

#11phy2jshPosted 8/11/2014 7:51:29 AM
People are selfish or greedy, companies are not. The main function of a company is to make as much money as possible; in my view, it is PR rather than morality that leads companies to try to be seen as responsible or 'cuddly'.

The companies that people think are less selfish are just the ones that are better at manipulating the naive.
#12burningxbridgesPosted 8/11/2014 8:01:00 AM
Winternova posted...
Do you know what a dividend is?

Money a company gives to people who give them money. Both parties are in the relationship to earn money. What exactly is not selfish about that?

Winternova posted...
Stockholders and shareholders.

People who give a company money to make more money out of money. See this money theme here?

Winternova posted...
Your poor perception, thankfully, is not reality.

Clearly you have never worked with or for any sort of marketing department or nonprofit. There is an entire industry focused on trying to help people by telling companies more people will give them money, if they first give out their money to help others. Companies don't seek out charity out of the kindness of their heart, or because they realized, "Hey, we have way more money than we could possibly need!" It's because non-greedy people (and this is a stretch, as the non-profit industry is taking a very large turn at this point) appealed to the greedy interests of a wealthy company. Any other perception on this is false and unrealistic.

Winternova posted...
You obviously have no knowledge of how businesses work.

Unfortunately, I do. Although I'd love to live in whatever society you do where people start businesses just so that they can make money to hand out to others. That sounds wonderful.
#13RobJ24Posted 8/11/2014 8:01:55 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/69608889
#14phy2jshPosted 8/11/2014 8:05:32 AM
RobJ24 posted...

Lol, what planet do you live on? Nintendo don't care about you any more than any other company, but if they've managed to convince you that is actually the case, then they've done a good job of exploiting your naivety to make themselves more money.
#15WinternovaPosted 8/11/2014 8:11:37 AM
burningxbridges posted...
Money a company gives to people who give them money.

Unless it's an IPO or the company is selling the stock directly from a reserve they've kept or bought back, the investors in a company do not give money directly to a company.

People who give a company money to make more money out of money. See this money theme here?

I see a problem with your lack of knowledge about businesses...that's the most obvious theme throughout your posts.

Any other perception on this is false and unrealistic.

You're assuming way too much...and have obviously never worked for a company in anything more than a menial labor job.

Although I'd love to live in whatever society you do where people start businesses just so that they can make money to hand out to others.

Straw Man Fallacy. I never said that businesses are started just to hand out money to others - I stated that businesses are not GREEDY, which is a completely different argument altogether. Companies do not hoard cash (as a general rule) and will distribute profits to stockholders or re-invest the profits in R&D for future products.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#16X_Ste_90_XPosted 8/11/2014 8:20:28 AM
Not some third parties, but they are fairly greedy, probably more so than they used to be pre Wii era.
---
Currently Playing- Mercenary Kings- PS4, DBZ Budokai 3 HD- PS3, Forza 5- X1.
Currently Awaiting- Destiny- PS4, Diablo 3- PS4, Forza Horizon 2- X1.
#17LightbornePosted 8/11/2014 8:53:22 AM
Considering they release the dame stuff every year and try yo sale it yea there greedy and they hardly give gamers what they want screw Nintendo.
---
The most wasted of all days is a day without laughter.
#18SyCo_VeNoMPosted 8/11/2014 10:29:22 AM(edited)
vermilion99 posted...
Do you find it greedy that Nintendo offers a home console this generation that is going to have nothing but Nintendo developed or funded titles? They are charging you $300 for a console to play their games only.

No I find it greedy that the 3rd parties want companies to pay for their bland crappy multiplatform games(and in a lot of cases with what the 3rd parties have released I use that term very loosely)

This is what 3rd parties used to do they would program a game, and pay license fees(basically a small piece of every sale) to the maker of the system to be allowed to release it on said system. This IMO was when companies tried their hardest as they lived or died by what they made.

Now ever since MS came out with the original xbox(and paid companies to put games on the terrible system) this is how it works: companies go around basically threatening the system makers that they want money to put their game on the system (which is the same game every other system is getting), and then they will pay the royalties.
Then when the system makers don't do it you basically end up in Nintendo's position.
Basically these 3rd parties don't want to risk losing any money even though the game might suck terribly.
Unlike Sony or Microsoft(who's gaming branch loses BILLIONS a year) Nintendo doesn't have any other industry to fall back on, and siphon cash out of to keep the gaming division up and running to do this practice on multiplats which I agree is about as smart as peeing on the 3rd rail in the long run. Nintendo is buying exclusives though that they can publish themselves.

Side note some of the companies like Cryware that signed with EA wanted to release Wii U games, but EA told them no as it seems they have some huge issue with Nintendo(supposedly something about EA's wanting their terrible store on the Wii U).

Lightborne posted...
Considering they release the dame stuff every year and try yo sale it yea there greedy and they hardly give gamers what they want screw Nintendo.

Seriously
So you want that new game named COD, Madden 2099, EA <insert sport name)2kxx, TLOU remake, and slight graphics enhancements to a pile of other recycled games that have been coming out since the year 2000(most of which are just stat updates, or a few new maps at full retail price)?
#19vermilion99(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2014 10:45:21 AM
SyCo_VeNoM posted...
vermilion99 posted...
Do you find it greedy that Nintendo offers a home console this generation that is going to have nothing but Nintendo developed or funded titles? They are charging you $300 for a console to play their games only.

No I find it greedy that the 3rd parties want companies to pay for their bland crappy multiplatform games(and in a lot of cases with what the 3rd parties have released I use that term very loosely)

This is what 3rd parties used to do they would program a game, and pay license fees(basically a small piece of every sale) to the maker of the system to be allowed to release it on said system. This IMO was when companies tried their hardest as they lived or died by what they made.

Now ever since MS came out with the original xbox(and paid companies to put games on the terrible system) this is how it works: companies go around basically threatening the system makers that they want money to put their game on the system (which is the same game every other system is getting), and then they will pay the royalties.
Then when the system makers don't do it you basically end up in Nintendo's position.
Basically these 3rd parties don't want to risk losing any money even though the game might suck terribly.
Unlike Sony or Microsoft(who's gaming branch loses BILLIONS a year) Nintendo doesn't have any other industry to fall back on, and siphon cash out of to keep the gaming division up and running to do this practice on multiplats which I agree is about as smart as peeing on the 3rd rail in the long run. Nintendo is buying exclusives though that they can publish themselves.

Side note some of the companies like Cryware that signed with EA wanted to release Wii U games, but EA told them no as it seems they have some huge issue with Nintendo(supposedly something about EA's wanting their terrible store on the Wii U).

Lightborne posted...

Seriously
So you want that new game named COD, Madden 2099, EA <insert sport name)2kxx, TLOU remake, and slight graphics enhancements to a pile of other recycled games that have been coming out since the year 2000(most of which are just stat updates, or a few new maps at full retail price)?

You have a very horrible and wrong opinion of how 3rd parties work. Your also seem to be one of those that act like every game released years ago was a gem just because Nintendo was on top. Probably think the seal of quality had something to do with how good the game was. Truth is game companies, including Nintendo, have always and will always release crap along with great games. But who am I kidding your one of those that think any multi plat title is automatically generic and bad. Move along.
#20RobJ24Posted 8/12/2014 2:37:53 AM
phy2jsh posted...
RobJ24 posted...

Lol, what planet do you live on? Nintendo don't care about you any more than any other company, but if they've managed to convince you that is actually the case, then they've done a good job of exploiting your naivety to make themselves more money.

Of course Nintendo doesn't care about you or I but at least they don't want to screw you over like the third parties do.