Got the Metroid Prime Trilogy, never played them before

#1Merc123Posted 8/11/2014 6:31:18 PM
Decided to look for them, found it at gamestop for 50 bucks used, not a great price but better than everywhere else. I heard after Gamestop got a reprint and converted a bunch of copies to used when they are actually new. I thought it was weird when i took the case up to the register and they put the case down and got a different case with the game in it out instead of taking a disc out of sleeve, plus the game case looks flawless, much better than any on the shelves.

Either way i booted it up in my Wii U and started playing the first game. Controls seem pretty good and the graphics actually still look rather nice. I was surprised. I only played the first level and part of the second but overall its pretty fun and immersive. Cant believe i missed them the first time

Now a question. Are they about the same quality or is there a game that is considered the best and one that is the worst in the trilogy? Also i hear Other M sucks, is that true? Worth skipping?
---
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
Gamertag - Brokeslimjim v3 / PSN - Brokeslimjim
#2AceMosPosted 8/11/2014 6:34:45 PM
yes skip other M

it is not a metroid game
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#3kcdobbinsPosted 8/11/2014 6:35:29 PM
I felt like the first Prime game was better than the other two, but both 2 and 3 were good in their own ways.

If you find you have interest, rent Other M. It isn't that long a game. If you like it buy a copy, if you don't, you paid much less that you would have to not enjoy a game. I have seen people make the argument that the gameplay in Other M was really good, and while I don't agree (I thought it was just sort of average to clunky) you might be a person who really gets a kick out of it.
---
"You Killed the Guest."- Sifl-bot Sifl & Olly
We are the Mycon. We respond.
#4adampeltzPosted 8/11/2014 6:37:24 PM
kcdobbins posted...
I felt like the first Prime game was better than the other two, but both 2 and 3 were good in their own ways.

If you find you have interest, rent Other M. It isn't that long a game. If you like it buy a copy, if you don't, you paid much less that you would have to not enjoy a game. I have seen people make the argument that the gameplay in Other M was really good, and while I don't agree (I thought it was just sort of average to clunky) you might be a person who really gets a kick out of it.

Renting it honestly may cost more than a new copy. I've seen them go for as low as $5.
---
Am I going to pass the Bar exam? Please send me some good vibes.
XBL Gamertag: Peltz | PSN ID: Peltz-0 | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0 | 3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691
#5VidgmchtrPosted 8/11/2014 6:37:52 PM
Well you're in for a treat. The Prime games are so far the only Metroid games I enjoyed.
#6kcdobbinsPosted 8/11/2014 6:39:27 PM
adampeltz posted...
kcdobbins posted...

Renting it honestly may cost more than a new copy. I've seen them go for as low as $5.

Yeah, that is a fair observation. Other M is one of the few Nintendo games I have seen that took a nosedive in price. I think 2 years after release I saw copies at Walmart for $20.
---
"You Killed the Guest."- Sifl-bot Sifl & Olly
We are the Mycon. We respond.
#7Merc123(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2014 6:42:08 PM
AceMos posted...
yes skip other M

it is not a metroid game

To be honest i am not a huge fan of the 2D metroid games, i acknowledge they are good games, but just not my thing. I am digging Prime so far though for it being 3D and how immersive the first person action is.

And yeah i looked on Amazon. used copies of Other M are super cheap. Watched some gameplay though, not sure if i would like it or not. Def doesn't look as cool as Prime is so far.
---
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
Gamertag - Brokeslimjim v3 / PSN - Brokeslimjim
#8YoyokuKOPosted 8/11/2014 6:42:45 PM
good luck unlocking everything.
#9TheIastspartanPosted 8/11/2014 6:49:51 PM
Prime 1 is the most "traditional" out of the 3. It's pretty much what you'd expect from a 3D sequel to Super Metroid.

Prime 2 has a dual light/dark world and introduces beam ammo. Some fans were turned off by it, but IMO, it's just as good as the first, if not better, once you get used to the changes. The bosses and puzzles in particular are my favorite out of the trilogy.

Prime 3 is the least traditional. It's pretty linear and has a fairly large emphasis on characters. It introduces a "hyper mode" mechanic that basically lets you consume energy tanks to make your weapons stronger. Personally it's my least favorite out of the 3 but it's still amazing,

All 3 are worth playing.
#10Megamushroom666Posted 8/11/2014 6:56:33 PM
1 > 3 > 2 and skip Other M.
---
'Deep into that darkness peering...'
Snackeroo.com