What was your first nintendo

#41GunntyrPosted 8/12/2014 5:49:11 AM
SNES with Super Mario World bundled with it. My father was the "gamer" in the family at the time (I was only 5 years old), and got me hooked on video games from there on. I still regret selling my SNES and N64 for a Dreamcast, even though Dreamcast had its share of classics as well.
#42MAZZIVEdamagePosted 8/14/2014 12:54:14 AM
Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), the later 1986 western version. Well, at least experience wise, I think I essentially shared it with my brother/family. My first own Nintendo console was Super Nintendo Entertainment System which originally was my brothers but that I later got (my father actually got to first buy it for my brother and then buy it again from my brother so that I could have it..)

My brother went with the Playstation after that, which was all cool and all. I however got a Nintendo 64 bundled with Super Mario 64 and Goldeneye 007 on Christmas Day 1997 which was all for me. Also owned a pink Gameboy Pocket but can't remember if it was before or after.

My last "Nintendo gamer" gen was with the Nintendo Gamecube which I got my father to buy me shortly after it's been released in Europe (Summer of 2002). Mained in until Late 2004 when it had become obvious that there were a lot more content on other platforms so I buyed a Xbox (Crystal Edition) because i had always mainly been more of a Rareware fan than a Nintendo fan.

Nowadays Nintendo is more of a nostalgic choice for me.
#43InnerSolacePosted 8/14/2014 1:48:51 AM
Well, we had an SNES when I was little, which would have been our first Nintendo console. However, I got a green N64 for my eighth birthday, and that was the first Nintendo console that I could truly call "my own," because the SNES was more of a family console (meaning it was shared among all of us, rather than being something that was bought for me specifically).

Still, the first one I played on was the SNES. Good times!
---
Bravely Default is amazing!
3DS FC: 3668-8937-4809 Name: Daltonator
#44Cheko2015Posted 8/14/2014 1:57:04 AM
My first Nintendo console and console in general for the matter was the SNES. Super Mario World being the 1st major game we had on it. Later on I got to experience some other awesome games like the Donkey Kong Country trilogy, Super Mario Kart, Super Mario All Stars, and a few others.

I was born in 89 and my family got the Snes when I was a toddler for my older sister. By the time I started gaming, the original NES was a relic but I knew a few people who owned them and I played it at their house including Duck Hunt, the original SMB trilogy, a few other games like Paperboy and some racing game.

I got to ask with all the folks saying the NES was their first system. What's the general age range around this board. I am about to turn 25 and the NES was before my time. Does that mean a huge chunk of ppl on here are late 20s-early 30s?
---
See Quote
#45jackynkurttimsPosted 8/14/2014 2:10:46 AM
Used Wii with MH3. I was 27.
---
ediotsavant posted...Set it up on my buried crt tv from the 80's era and was blown by Iron Soldier.
#46driver892Posted 8/14/2014 2:37:47 AM
The first Nintendo console I owned was the N64. My dad gave one to me during the summer of 2004 just because. The first Nintendo I've played was an SNES, because my older sister, who moved in with us after she finished high school back in 2002, brought one down with her, along with a few games like Mega Man X, Super Castlevania IV, the DKC games and Yoshi's Island (which was the first Mario game I've played). Unfortunately that SNES kind of got trashed after she moved out of the house a few years later. The N64, haven't played it since 2008 and the last game I played on it was Majora's Mask, but I still held onto the console until the day I moved out of San Diego in 2010.
---
So many games to play, so little time to play them, so many things to do.
#47DarkLink89Posted 8/14/2014 2:56:32 AM
NES circa 1995. It was my cousin's old console he didn't used anymore after my aunt and uncle got him a SNES. As a 6-year old, I was static of finally having a system of my own.
---
FC: 1032-1686-2546
#48OHJOY90Posted 8/14/2014 6:13:15 AM
Gameboy Color if we include portable, N64 if not.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3480-2661-5116
http://s6.zetaboards.com/Kalamity_Kove/index/
#49jsb0714Posted 8/14/2014 6:15:53 AM
NES which I still have.
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this
#50Krambo42Posted 8/14/2014 6:33:30 AM
Cheko2015 posted...
My first Nintendo console and console in general for the matter was the SNES. Super Mario World being the 1st major game we had on it. Later on I got to experience some other awesome games like the Donkey Kong Country trilogy, Super Mario Kart, Super Mario All Stars, and a few others.

I was born in 89 and my family got the Snes when I was a toddler for my older sister. By the time I started gaming, the original NES was a relic but I knew a few people who owned them and I played it at their house including Duck Hunt, the original SMB trilogy, a few other games like Paperboy and some racing game.

I got to ask with all the folks saying the NES was their first system. What's the general age range around this board. I am about to turn 25 and the NES was before my time. Does that mean a huge chunk of ppl on here are late 20s-early 30s?