Ars Technica analysis: data hints Super Smash Bros. for Wii U may hit 2015

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Ars Technica analysis: data hints Super Smash Bros. for Wii U may hit 2015
11 months ago#201
PS4Warrior posted...
So it's not an official release date, since it doesn't actually have a date.

Except for the given time frame, seasons or years are more harder to really have a solid date but it got bumped from Winter 2014 to Holiday 2014. X had only a vague 2014/2015 release nothing more.
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS
11 months ago#202
AceMos posted...

you give a release season

then narrow it

winter to holliday

then narrow it more to month or even a solid date

Fire_Plover posted...
PS4Warrior posted...
Baha05 posted...
PS4Warrior posted...
Which day is Holiday 2014 again? I didn't realize it was an official date.

Anywhere near Thanksgiving to New Years. But considering the 3DS Version they more likely going to push November

But it has a specific timeframe. i.e. Holiday 2014

That's still not an actual release date. So the game could easily be pushed back before its released. It happens.
11 months ago#203
PS4Warrior posted...
AceMos posted...

you give a release season

then narrow it

winter to holliday

then narrow it more to month or even a solid date

Fire_Plover posted...
PS4Warrior posted...
Baha05 posted...
Anywhere near Thanksgiving to New Years. But considering the 3DS Version they more likely going to push November

But it has a specific timeframe. i.e. Holiday 2014

That's still not an actual release date. So the game could easily be pushed back before its released. It happens.

Your whole argument is based around us assuming that we have incorrect information. Why would we do that? I'm not saying that it's impossible, but for the moment, we have a release timeframe, and for the moment it is the most accurate info available - far more reliable than fan speculation.

And to be honest, why would Nintendo delay it? Unless it was too buggy to release (seems doubtful with how far along the 3DS version is, and the fact that there have been working demos for a number of months, indicating that most of the base work is already there, I'd imagine), I can't see why they'd delay. They didn't delay MK8, even though it clearly could've used a bit more time for Battle Mode and characters. Holiday 2014 is a big time for the Wii U, and I'm certain Ninty would capitalize on that with Sm4sh, even if it's not quite perfect. Not saying I want it released half-baked, but you get the gist.

tl;dr At this point, we might as well use the official information, which is more reliable than our own fan speculation based on other franchises.
---
Bandanna Dee for Sm4sh!
11 months ago#204
PS4Warrior posted...

But it's not often that a title goes from Winter 2014 to Holiday 2014.
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS
11 months ago#205
Fire_Plover posted...
PS4Warrior posted...
Fire_Plover posted...
Good Lord this was painful to read. Can we all just agree that on the official website, the current, most up-to-date information states that the Wii U version is coming Holiday 2014? And that this probably means that the game is, in fact, coming Holiday 2014?

X coming 2014! Then it got delayed.

So... we should assume that the most up to date info we have right now is wrong, and just make up release dates?

#Watchdogs
---
Regarding teaching pigs to sing: "It wastes your time and annoys the pig" ~Mark Twain
11 months ago#206
Baha05 posted...
PS4Warrior posted...
Fire_Plover posted...
Good Lord this was painful to read. Can we all just agree that on the official website, the current, most up-to-date information states that the Wii U version is coming Holiday 2014? And that this probably means that the game is, in fact, coming Holiday 2014?

X never had an official date though.

neither holiday 2014 nor winter 2014 is a specific date though
---
Regarding teaching pigs to sing: "It wastes your time and annoys the pig" ~Mark Twain
11 months ago#207
Cubfan082 posted...
Baha05 posted...
PS4Warrior posted...
Fire_Plover posted...

X never had an official date though.

if you say so
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
11 months ago#208
Cubfan082 posted...

Holiday 2014 is a much more refined date, there are only a handful of Holidays left in the year that you can really even consider. Winter is a far more vague use as it creeps into 2015. Holidays can be Thanksgiving through Christmas.
---
11 months ago#209
Starwars4J posted...
I think we can safely call what went down in this topic a "cubstomping".

Smash is Holiday 2014, can't wait for the troll tears when it's released!

actually that isn't what happened at all, but the majority of posters at this board have a hard time when the are not factually or technically correct. And when confronted with being completely and totally incorrect they attempt to paint you as a troll when you call them out on their nonsense...
---
11 months ago#210
Cubfan082 posted...
Starwars4J posted...
I think we can safely call what went down in this topic a "cubstomping".

Smash is Holiday 2014, can't wait for the troll tears when it's released!

actually that isn't what happened at all, but the majority of posters at this board have a hard time when the are not factually or technically correct. And when confronted with being completely and totally incorrect they attempt to paint you as a troll when you call them out on their nonsense...

This
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Ars Technica analysis: data hints Super Smash Bros. for Wii U may hit 2015

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived