Ars Technica analysis: data hints Super Smash Bros. for Wii U may hit 2015

#211Cubfan082Posted 8/12/2014 6:35:48 PM
Baha05 posted...
Cubfan082 posted...
neither holiday 2014 nor winter 2014 is a specific date though

Holiday 2014 is a much more refined date, there are only a handful of Holidays left in the year that you can really even consider. Winter is a far more vague use as it creeps into 2015. Holidays can be Thanksgiving through Christmas.

it really isn't though, since part of holiday 2014 overlaps winter 2014...

the time period of Holliday 2014 is roughly 33% shorter in length than Winter 2014.
---
Regarding teaching pigs to sing: "It wastes your time and annoys the pig" ~Mark Twain
#212AceMosPosted 8/12/2014 6:37:35 PM
Cubfan082 posted...
Baha05 posted...
Cubfan082 posted...

Holiday 2014 is a much more refined date, there are only a handful of Holidays left in the year that you can really even consider. Winter is a far more vague use as it creeps into 2015. Holidays can be Thanksgiving through Christmas.

the time period of Holliday 2014 is roughly 33% shorter in length than Winter 2014.

27.5% of randome percentages given on the internet are made up
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#213Baha05Posted 8/12/2014 6:39:50 PM
Cubfan082 posted...

Except that it is, and again it's rare to see a game get bumped like that unless they are sure of it's Holiday release.
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS
#214Cubfan082Posted 8/12/2014 6:47:52 PM(edited)
AceMos posted...
Cubfan082 posted...
Baha05 posted...
Cubfan082 posted...

27.5% of randome percentages given on the internet are made up

except you can easily compare 8 weeks to twelve weeks, and see this isn't the case.

also you can see an exact example of my post regarding attempts at distraction when confronted with logic that is a direct counter to the statement made.
---
Regarding teaching pigs to sing: "It wastes your time and annoys the pig" ~Mark Twain
#215Cubfan082Posted 8/12/2014 6:47:05 PM
Baha05 posted...
Cubfan082 posted...

Except that it is, and again it's rare to see a game get bumped like that unless they are sure of it's Holiday release.

because no publisher has ever blown a holiday release...and because no game moved up has even been done prematurely or for the wrong reason. It is indeed rare to see conservative Nintendo push something forward after asking us to.understand that it needs to be late to.get the proper quality control done on the game...

yes I want the game right away, but I can't help but be wary of the final product if it is getting pushed up for the wrong reason.
---
#216rexcrkPosted 8/12/2014 6:53:58 PM
I'm remaining cautiously optimistic that we'll actually see the game by the end of the year.

But there's a small part of me that's betting we won't see the game until early 2015. Honestly, I wouldn't be too torn up about it, but I'm sure a LOT of people will rage about it.
---
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
#217jillwarrenPosted 8/12/2014 6:59:26 PM
Cubfan082 posted...
Baha05 posted...
Cubfan082 posted...

because no publisher has ever blown a holiday release...and because no game moved up has even been done prematurely or for the wrong reason. It is indeed rare to see conservative Nintendo push something forward after asking us to.understand that it needs to be late to.get the proper quality control done on the game...

yes I want the game right away, but I can't help but be wary of the final product if it is getting pushed up for the wrong reason.

Has this ever happened after the a publisher made such a monumental advertising push like Nintendo did for this title at E3? I am not aware of it, and as such I am content to wait for the actual release date to fall this year as opposed to just assuming it won't.
---
NN: peteywarren PSN: peteywarren0829
I give God all glory. Just so you know, I am a guy; my wife picked this username.
#218jillwarrenPosted 8/12/2014 7:01:02 PM
Cubfan082 posted...
Starwars4J posted...
I think we can safely call what went down in this topic a "cubstomping".

Smash is Holiday 2014, can't wait for the troll tears when it's released!

actually that isn't what happened at all, but the majority of posters at this board have a hard time when the are not factually or technically correct. And when confronted with being completely and totally incorrect they attempt to paint you as a troll when you call them out on their nonsense...

You have been proven to be incorrect factually several times though out this thread. Thanks for the laughs though!
---
NN: peteywarren PSN: peteywarren0829
I give God all glory. Just so you know, I am a guy; my wife picked this username.
#219EnmaDaio2588Posted 8/12/2014 7:06:19 PM
I would much rather have Nintendo release a game that works well and, reliably without huge patches.
---
I had a dream of my wife...She was dead but, it was OK...
#220deathslayer_xPosted 8/12/2014 7:18:25 PM
Jobocan posted...
Nintendo said holiday 2014, so unless some big issue pops up in the game it will most likely come out this year. And Nintendo knows it would be a bad idea to not have a big blockbuster release this holiday season. As amazing as Bayonetta 2 WILL be, it's nowhere near the high-seller Smash will be (though I'm still curious about the effect of the 3DS version on Wii U version sales).

they have said by year end a lot with smash and the amiibos but technically the fiscal holiday 2014 does go through January. Either way I will be happy when it comes out and at least we have a confirmed date rapidly approaching for 3ds that will hold me over. I have had a wii u since day one and I see Nintendo rapidly gaining stride with their titles and hope it continues.