The N 7 system wants! (Nintendo's next gen system) what do you want from N next?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The N 7 system wants! (Nintendo's next gen system) what do you want from N next?
11 months ago#1
80/80

Power: Just as powerful as the PS5/Next Box will be, so third parties will be able to port games over easily, rather than not at all, or last gen ports for a current gen. Don't pull a Wii U, feel free to raise the development and hardware costs, while selling the system at a loss to get a larger install base.

Launch: Wait. Don't launch just to be first, like many annoying people post first on internet forums but then their post lacks any depth, just as the Wii U lacked content. Wait. Don't release a system, until you have at least 2 top tier games, AAA games, 1st party games, blockbuster games, whatever they are just release the system with those games in mind. And try to get 3rd parties on board too for the launch. I don't mean EA and their endless sport game copies, but actual third party games that are either exclusive or just a solid multiplatform title.

System insides: You have to include a hard drive, and one with enough space to be used by someone who actually plays games! Why did Nintendo even waste time with an 8 GB HDD? After you install the system updates you only have room for what, 3-5 games? What type of ass backwards logic is that, why not go back to memory cards if that is the case? I applaud you for allowing us to use external storage, but I shame you for keeping internal storage so low. Next time release two types, 50 and 500 GB. That should suffice

Internet: Try to develop some sort of online system now, so that it seamlessly transitions into the next generation. A lot of my friends stay with their iphone, simply because the apps they bought won't transfer to Android....that is it. Some stupid $5 app, prevents them from buying a $200 phone. Make sure all of our purchases from the Wii/Wii U/3DS can transfer over, as well as the data! Give us some sort of cloud storage allotment in order to do so!

Controllers: I know you have had so many controllers in the past, but please allow them to all work for the N7. Make Gamepad support optional in EVERY game and also able to use more than one per console, but useful in a game that they are in. E.g. when playing football, if you have the gamepad, your plays can be picked without anyone seeing your formation type, also, you can change routes and call audibles without anyone knowing better (while playing locally)

Incorporate 5-12 player games, (to boost sales of the gamepad, since N7 controllers might not be purchased a lot) it would take a lot of processing power, but imagine having all of your buddies in a room playing mario kart, then having 4 other guys also playing, but just on their gamepad, while only seeing their own screen. If you want people to play locally, what better way than having a system that can power more gamepads, which means more sales, and more local gameplay!

Handheld play: I don't know what the next system will be, but try and let it be used as a controller too, at least for some games! It will keep people interested in your handheld and system.

Any thoughts, additions, subtractions?
---
I wont' change this signature until F-zero, Mario Kart, and or Zelda are released for Wii U
11 months ago#2
how about some damn 3rd party support
---
http://i.imgur.com/Pgtkt.gif <---snooki LOL
And so I wake in the morning and I step outside AND I STEP OUTSIDE AND THEN I'M LIKE WHAT'S GOING ON?!?-HE-MAN
11 months ago#3
500 GB isn't suffice in this day and age.
---
Spuz (3DS) 0834-1399-5430 (NNID) Spuz
11 months ago#4
You have to include a hard drive, and one with enough space to be used by someone who actually plays games! Why did Nintendo even waste time with an 8 GB HDD?

flash memory =/= hard drive, if nintendo gave us several hundred gigs of flash memory the console price would skyrocket
---
Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady.
11 months ago#5
I'll come back and read through the OP when I have more time, but right now I certainly agree with this...

spenser211 posted...
500 GB isn't suffice in this day and age.

The next system needs at least a 1TB and have it built in a way that you can swap it out for a bigger on like the 360 had, or at the very least do what Sony did with the PS3 (not sure if they allow it for PS4) and allow you to open the shell and swap it out without voiding the warranty.
---
Reality Is Broken
Want List: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMix, The Witness, Batman: Arkham Knight, The Evil Within, Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
11 months ago#6
snake_5036 posted...
You have to include a hard drive, and one with enough space to be used by someone who actually plays games! Why did Nintendo even waste time with an 8 GB HDD?

flash memory =/= hard drive, if nintendo gave us several hundred gigs of flash memory the console price would skyrocket

People unfamiliar with computer components have no clue that flash memory is way more expensive than a standard hard drive... sometimes wonder why Nintendo doesn't gut it for cheaper/greater storage space.
11 months ago#7
I suppose memory constraints are a big deal. I am assuming that in 3-6 years whenever they are developing/releasing the system, they will release that 50GBs of flash memory should be the bare minimum, while not using a solid state because that would make the system larger than needed.

They could even make the system without discs....but would that help or hurt Nintendo? Not to mention, sales of Wii/Wii U games?
---
I wont' change this signature until F-zero, Mario Kart, and or Zelda are released for Wii U
11 months ago#8
I'm actually not in favor of adding such a large HDD, because most gamers (Nintendo is thinking here) won't use over say 100 GB, and if they do, they probably can go out and buy their own HDD and get a better deal. Rather than NIntendo going out, and equipping systems with larger HDDs than needed.
---
11 months ago#9
dascylus posted...
snake_5036 posted...

People unfamiliar with computer components have no clue that flash memory is way more expensive than a standard hard drive... sometimes wonder why Nintendo doesn't gut it for cheaper/greater storage space.

I'm guessing so they can keep the console small and compact compared to the competition which usually weighs a lot and takes up a ton of room.

Personally I think they should give at least 250gb next gen (even if it makes the system larger to include an HDD) if they're going to keep pushing digital purchases. That's enough for the average consumer to download a few games and see if they prefer digital without having to go out and buy an external hard drive because of tiny space like this gen.
---
Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady.
11 months ago#10
Whatever they do, hopefully they advertise it
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The N 7 system wants! (Nintendo's next gen system) what do you want from N next?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived