The N 7 system wants! (Nintendo's next gen system) what do you want from N next?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The N 7 system wants! (Nintendo's next gen system) what do you want from N next?
1 year ago#11
No to a ton of different controlers. The gamepad should have never existed and it should have just been the pro controler. No more wiimotes, no more classic controllers, no more gamecube controllers.... move on people
1 year ago#12
I just want it to be powerful enough to run optimized games smoothly at a nice frame rate. I don't want it to be just as powerful because it'll cost just as much as the other consoles. If you want that sort of power, go the full nine yards and go with PC. I just want my Nintendo console to be cheap and play Nintendo games happily. Keeping free online would be nice too.
---
NNID: TheDunc | Steam: Sir Soyeldimzelf
1 year ago#13
mooocooow02 posted...
I'm actually not in favor of adding such a large HDD, because most gamers (Nintendo is thinking here) won't use over say 100 GB, and if they do, they probably can go out and buy their own HDD and get a better deal. Rather than NIntendo going out, and equipping systems with larger HDDs than needed.

It's a mistake to think only of how much space Wii U owners use on their Wii U. Most gamers use far more than 100GB.

If Nintendo's next system is comparable in power to the Sony/MS offerings, it's reasonable to assume that they'll go the same route of fully installing all games to the hard drive because the I/O speed of the optical drive won't be adequate. If that's the case, a 1TB drive should be the minimum. My PS4 hard drive is already full.
1 year ago#14
VR

also some games that aren't rehashes.
1 year ago#15
Funny how I'd call it the N7 as well.

Anyway here's my ideal:

Launch date: November 2017

Power: Slightly weaker than the PS5.

Backwards Compatibility: VC library for all Nintendo systems.

HDD: Include an HDD, but keep it small. Like 256 GB. Anything more unnecessarily inflates the price of the system. External drive support.

Controller: Although it has Gamepad support, it doesn't come with the controller. It's mostly for legacy support. The main controller is the next generation of the Wii Remote. Adds a 2nd analog and a couple more buttons. Improved Gyroscope and Accelerometer performance, with improved filtering. And most importantly, modern haptic feedback to further immerse the player.

Additional services: Offer $3-10 Digital game rentals. Additionally, offer a Netflix-like subscription service for $10 per month that allows on-demand access to over 100 select Nintendo titles, spanning all generations (library size to increase over time)

Launch: Launches with the next 3D Mario game. Pikmin and a new Excite game come in within the launch window.

Price: $349
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
1 year ago#16
Matts-Tii posted...
No to a ton of different controlers. The gamepad should have never existed and it should have just been the pro controler. No more wiimotes, no more classic controllers, no more gamecube controllers.... move on people

Yes, move on from traditional button controls. The Wii proved it, motion controls work. Let's work on making them better.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
1 year ago#17
Zombie_Socks_96 posted...
The next system needs at least a 1TB and have it built in a way that you can swap it out for a bigger on like the 360 had, or at the very least do what Sony did with the PS3 (not sure if they allow it for PS4) and allow you to open the shell and swap it out without voiding the warranty.

They do - I'm putting in a 2TB drive tonight.
---
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81
1 year ago#18
snake_5036 posted...
dascylus posted...
snake_5036 posted...
You have to include a hard drive, and one with enough space to be used by someone who actually plays games! Why did Nintendo even waste time with an 8 GB HDD?

flash memory =/= hard drive, if nintendo gave us several hundred gigs of flash memory the console price would skyrocket

People unfamiliar with computer components have no clue that flash memory is way more expensive than a standard hard drive... sometimes wonder why Nintendo doesn't gut it for cheaper/greater storage space.

I'm guessing so they can keep the console small and compact compared to the competition which usually weighs a lot and takes up a ton of room.

Personally I think they should give at least 250gb next gen (even if it makes the system larger to include an HDD) if they're going to keep pushing digital purchases. That's enough for the average consumer to download a few games and see if they prefer digital without having to go out and buy an external hard drive because of tiny space like this gen.

Who cares how much a home console weighs? You only have to pick them up twice: once to install them, and the second time to make way for their replacements. On the other hand, you pick up the controller every time you play, so if you're fretting about size and weight, maybe you shouldn't make a controller the size of a boat anchor that requires its own charging dock.

Size is only slightly less irrelevant. What would you rather have, a box that's four inches wider or 470GB less storage? Look no further than the Wii U's marketshare as a sole home console for the answer. This comes up every generation, with grown men acting Asian girls shopping for a new flip phone. Nintendo* fans ooh and ahh at how small their console is. No one outside of Tokyo cares. The people driving average television sizes north of 60 inches don't turn into fussbudgets over the size of game consoles.

*At times Sony fans have done this as well. The original Xbox was heavily criticized for its size and shape. Microsoft responded with the toaster oven that is the 360. But hey, it looks cool, right?
1 year ago#19
Honestly, I agree that they should try to simplify the controller schemes. Make it either based off of the Gamecube Controller or just use the regular Pro Controller, whatever. Just stick to one thing so that compatibility is simplified. If you must include Wii U backwards compatibility then make the Tablet an optional buy to bring down the console's price.

Also, games. I'm not saying that we need Smash, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Star Fox, AND F-Zero ALL at launch, but having one or two of these, plus a lesser known or new IP could really help push the console while also showing off what it can do. Just remember to have a plan this time that keeps droughts to a minimum. We don't need another 3DS or Wii U incident.

On that note, 3rd Parties. This is going to be hard, but the extra effort will pay off. At this point, even a timed exclusive or a definitive version would be better than nothing. Just make sure that the N7 isn't abandoned.

Keep up the originality, but don't make it counter-productive. The big problem is that for the Wii and the Wii U the main features really detracted from regular games. They were difficult to port games to, forcing a lot of gimmicky and low quality ports in an attempt to bring anything over. While the N7 is certainly going to have some sort of thing to add to it, make sure that it doesn't detract from the overall system.

Use the things you learned from the Wii. A low price and big family friendly names will go a long way. I know that people hate how Nintendo shies away from more mature content, but it's always been a huge selling point for it ever since blood was removed from the original Mortal Kombat.
---
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it"
- Arthur Dent, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
1 year ago#20
ProzacMessiah posted...
snake_5036 posted...
dascylus posted...
snake_5036 posted...
You have to include a hard drive, and one with enough space to be used by someone who actually plays games! Why did Nintendo even waste time with an 8 GB HDD?

flash memory =/= hard drive, if nintendo gave us several hundred gigs of flash memory the console price would skyrocket

People unfamiliar with computer components have no clue that flash memory is way more expensive than a standard hard drive... sometimes wonder why Nintendo doesn't gut it for cheaper/greater storage space.

I'm guessing so they can keep the console small and compact compared to the competition which usually weighs a lot and takes up a ton of room.

Personally I think they should give at least 250gb next gen (even if it makes the system larger to include an HDD) if they're going to keep pushing digital purchases. That's enough for the average consumer to download a few games and see if they prefer digital without having to go out and buy an external hard drive because of tiny space like this gen.

Who cares how much a home console weighs? You only have to pick them up twice: once to install them, and the second time to make way for their replacements. On the other hand, you pick up the controller every time you play, so if you're fretting about size and weight, maybe you shouldn't make a controller the size of a boat anchor that requires its own charging dock.

Size is only slightly less irrelevant. What would you rather have, a box that's four inches wider or 470GB less storage? Look no further than the Wii U's marketshare as a sole home console for the answer. This comes up every generation, with grown men acting Asian girls shopping for a new flip phone. Nintendo* fans ooh and ahh at how small their console is. No one outside of Tokyo cares. The people driving average television sizes north of 60 inches don't turn into fussbudgets over the size of game consoles.

You are half right. If you are going to have a system like the Wii or Wii U, where the shape isn't ideal for carrying around, and there are a bunch of different wires you need coming out of it, then yes, size/weight matters not.

On the other hand, you have to look no further than the Gamecube to see when size and weight DO matter. The GC had 2 wires, the composite cables and power. It had a handle so it was easy to carry, and it was light and small. As a result, I STILL take my Gamecube around on longer trips, while I leave every other system at home. The GCN is just so damn portable.
---
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The N 7 system wants! (Nintendo's next gen system) what do you want from N next?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived