Most underrated Nintendo console (excluding Wii U)?

#21segagamerPosted 8/12/2014 3:13:36 PM
Wii.

Gamecube is really only loved for Melee imo.

Everyone already loves the N64 (including me).
---
NNID: JZimino
XBL: IdealCornet25
#22iKhanicPosted 8/12/2014 3:14:16 PM
Heracylost posted...
The 64 is a pile of junk.
The Wii was so under powered it still laughable.

The Cube was a sweet spot. Very good system and games, undermined yet again by Nintendos stupidity. Mini disk dumb, could do 480p component, left to rot.

If by "sweet spot" you mean not bringing anything to the table in regards to hardware, I guess you are right.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#23HeracylostPosted 8/12/2014 3:21:11 PM
iKhanic posted...
Heracylost posted...

The Cube was a sweet spot. Very good system and games, undermined yet again by Nintendos stupidity. Mini disk dumb, could do 480p component, left to rot.

If by "sweet spot" you mean not bringing anything to the table in regards to hardware, I guess you are right.

Hardware the Cube was beyond the PS2, Dreamcast, and visually beyond the capabilities of the Xbox. So I don't get your hardware statement.
#24SSJ4CHRISPosted 8/12/2014 3:23:24 PM
The 90% casual games complaint for the Wii is Nintendo's fault because they approve what goes on their console. Why do fanboys refuse to accept that simple fact? The Wii was for casuals, so they let all of that shovelware through because of the waggle. Do you think developers just dropped every piece of software on Wii without Nintendo having any say?
---
The Internet allows us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history. With the possible exceptions of Handguns and Tequila!
#25iKhanicPosted 8/12/2014 3:30:33 PM
Heracylost posted...
iKhanic posted...
Heracylost posted...

Hardware the Cube was beyond the PS2, Dreamcast, and visually beyond the capabilities of the Xbox. So I don't get your hardware statement.

The Cube was weaker than the XB...
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#26iKhanicPosted 8/12/2014 3:31:27 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
The 90% casual games complaint for the Wii is Nintendo's fault because they approve what goes on their console. Why do fanboys refuse to accept that simple fact? The Wii was for casuals, so they let all of that shovelware through because of the waggle. Do you think developers just dropped every piece of software on Wii without Nintendo having any say?

This isn't the 1980's. Almost all console makers allow most games onto their platform. The exception tends to be explicit Adults-Only rated games.
---
#27_Five_Posted 8/12/2014 3:34:42 PM

The GC's game selection is better, so that pretty much makes up for having weaker tech specs.
---
Four TV's, four GameCube's, and four Game Boy Player's linked together: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67OTLNWZKwo
#28NintendoLover25Posted 8/12/2014 3:35:18 PM
I don't think any are underrated. Whatever sales they were met with is what they are worth. The Wii outsold the N64 because it was better, just as the N64 outsold the GC because it was better. The masses decide the worth of a system with their wallets.
#29iKhanicPosted 8/12/2014 3:40:47 PM
_Five_ posted...

The GC's game selection is better, so that pretty much makes up for having weaker tech specs.

I wish people would stop bringing up game selection.

YES. Game selection is important, but only when the hardware has a reason for existing (from a consumer perspective). Otherwise the games are basically just locked behind a paywall of hardware that, on it's own, no one wants/needs.

The main thing the GC brought to the table was it's price, as it was wonderfully affordable. But that's in comparison to two systems that were both affordable AND brought something else to the table.
---
#30HeracylostPosted 8/12/2014 3:47:22 PM
iKhanic posted...
Heracylost posted...
iKhanic posted...
Heracylost posted...

Xbox Nvidia MX400, Cube Radeon X600 Pro. Equivalent cards. Cube stomps every system that gen. Visual wise.