Why haven't any of the 3D Mario console games explored the Mushroom Kingdom?

#1ColebyPosted 8/12/2014 12:14:11 PM
Super Mario 64, Sunshine, the Galaxies and even 3D World all take place outside the kingdom (not so much 64, but it's still somewhat different than what I'm trying to convey). I really, really want a Super Mario game to fully explore the Mushroom Kingdom as a whole, instead of level-by-level through separate worlds like the platformer Mario games. Like I want to see the land as a whole, where regions seamlessly interconnect like a legitimate land mass, akin to Hyrule. Where you can traverse across the landscape and the fields instead of contained areas and having to take everything step-by-step.

Idk, I just find it weird we haven't had a Mario game like that yet, of all things. Too unconventional maybe? I just think the Mushroom Kingdom has a lot of potential to be fully explored as one unit, especially in shiny HD. Peach's Castle could still act as the main 'hub' area, but this time exploring its surroundings.
---
ERROR 404
File Not Found
#2Peachrules14Posted 8/12/2014 12:16:46 PM
The Legend of Peach?
---
3DS Code:1332-7829-1699
Friend Safari: Petilil, Simisage, Quilladin
#3bigjnycPosted 8/12/2014 12:26:46 PM
Yeah the little bit of Mushroom Kingdom we saw in Galaxy in the intro looked beautiful on Wii I always said before Wii U came out that they should have done a tech demo of that part running on Wii U hardware. I know they always gets ignored when I bring it up but I want to see a game that has both takes place in the Mushroom Kingdom and Brooklyn. I would love to see what Nintendo could do with Brooklyn.
---
XBL Mii Verse-bigJnyc. Feel free to add me message me Gamefaqs. I get Nintendo systems for Mario and Zelda Xbox systems for Halo and Gears of War
#4VanderZooPosted 8/12/2014 12:52:39 PM
Yeah I always wanted a 'Super Mario Adventure' game, something like Zelda where you can visit towns, do side quests etc. And give it an interesting story as well.
---
Last gen to-play list: Okami HD, Peace Walker HD, Red Dead Redemption, Nier.
Currently playing: FFX/X-2 HD
#5Da_GeekPosted 8/12/2014 2:13:07 PM
Always wanted an open world Mario game. I'd title it "Epic Mario." (Epic Mickey did not inspire this name.)
---
Infamous Second Son was TOO DANG SHORT!
#6Coleby(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2014 10:47:54 PM
^Open-world, that's the term I was missing. There we go, thanks.
---
ERROR 404
File Not Found
#7Luigi4PresidentPosted 8/12/2014 10:53:18 PM
Yeah I'd really like that. If they go open world though, I want many worlds. Towns, Toads, mountains, oceans, islands, and everything the kingdom can offer.
---
The washer fluid is not fine!
#8ssj5goku2005Posted 8/12/2014 10:57:38 PM
bigjnyc posted...
I know they always gets ignored when I bring it up but I want to see a game that has both takes place in the Mushroom Kingdom and Brooklyn. I would love to see what Nintendo could do with Brooklyn.

I had an idea for a Mario Bros. 2 where it was a sidescroller similar to the SMB series (your idea for a 3D Super Mario 64-esque game could work too, though) except it was set in the streets and sewers of Brooklyn rather than the Mushroom Kingdom

I would go with the "in an alternate universe where the Mario Bros. never came to the Mushroom Kingdom" but I'm sure Nintendo could make it canon and give them a valid reason to go back to Brooklyn (then most likely back to the Mushroom Kingdom at the end)...of course, that's all only if they ever actually decided to make this game :p
---
not changing this sig until i feel like it - started 6.23.2009
#9metalXgearPosted 8/12/2014 11:38:11 PM
So what TC is saying is, he wants a Mario game to play like a Legend of Zelda game.
---
Wii Console: 0917 6760 4711 4172
SSBB: 1289 7876 7544
#10Ritster21Posted 8/12/2014 11:54:40 PM
I think Paper Mario did a good job in showing off the Mushroom Kingdom.

But for a 3D Mario game to do that, it would be epic.

It's like the dream of a Pokemon game having access to all the regions, in this case "Pokemon Z" having access to all 6 regions.

Unfortunately, knowing Nintendo, these dreams will never come true.
---
FC is 4038-6283-8425