Is Nintendo moving away from general Nintendo Directs?

#1iKhanicPosted 8/12/2014 1:37:57 PM
So far this year, we have only had one general Direct in addition to the Digital event. Do you think Nintendo is trying to ease off the Directs and save announcements for big events throughout the year?
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#2bigjnycPosted 8/12/2014 1:40:06 PM
I would really only do a Direct when the there is something to actually announce and big that needs to be pushed.
---
XBL Mii Verse-bigJnyc. Feel free to add me message me Gamefaqs. I get Nintendo systems for Mario and Zelda Xbox systems for Halo and Gears of War
#3RahzarXPosted 8/12/2014 1:41:51 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Direct

Nope, they're right on schedule.

There will probably be one this month in fact.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#4NintendoLover25Posted 8/12/2014 1:46:34 PM
They already announced most of what they have planned at the moment. If they do another general Direct right now it would probably end up being a recap of what we already know. Once they come up with more things to show they will have another Direct like you are asking for.
#5plasmatic5Posted 8/12/2014 1:48:02 PM
bigjnyc posted...
I would really only do a Direct when the there is something to actually announce and big that needs to be pushed.

Games that have gotten their own directs so far:

The Wonderful 101
Pokemon X/Y
Mario Kart 8
Super Smash Bros
Tomodachi Life
Hyrule Warriors

Notice that these are all major games that Nintendo is publishing (with the exclusion of Tomodachi Life maybe). I think it's safe to assume that Bayonetta 2 and possibly Pokemon ORAS will get their own Directs soon enough. Maybe even Captain Toad, but I think that for Captain Toad, it will just be a major part of a normal Direct.
---
The problem with trolls is that you can't logic with them. The same goes for idiots.
#6iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2014 1:49:16 PM
RahzarX posted...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Direct

Last year there was a general direct at least every 2 months if not more often. We have had on general direct for the entire year.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#7QueskerPosted 8/12/2014 1:55:00 PM
I really hope not.
---
7 is good. I swear the school's 75-100 grading scale has ruined peoples perception of things.
-MillionGunmannn
#8sg91Posted 8/13/2014 11:40:29 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9sg91Posted 8/13/2014 11:41:09 PM
Quesker posted...
I really hope not.

Knowing Nintendo, I hope not too.
#10oldhbk76Posted 8/14/2014 2:24:50 AM
Iwata was on the shelf for awhile after surgery, I'm sure once he's back on his feet he will have more directs.
---
gamer tag SteelWolf76: Wii U ID: steelwolf76 PSN:steelwolv76