#21Murderstorm117Posted 8/12/2014 3:48:15 PM
Rime that is all
---
NNID Mstorm
Proud owner of PS4 since Day 1 Proud owner of Xbox One since 3/11/14
#22SSJ4CHRISPosted 8/12/2014 3:49:26 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
Iokua posted...
Shame they don't do console design, online, and third party relations better than Sony.

You know, things that actually matter.

What matters to a business is to make money.

Nintendo is losing that too. Hell, even Sony made a profit.
---
The Internet allows us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history. With the possible exceptions of Handguns and Tequila!
#23DiscostewSMPosted 8/12/2014 3:50:13 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
Iokua posted...
Shame they don't do console design, online, and third party relations better than Sony.

Nintendo had a loss because they were spending. Sony made a profit because they were selling.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#24Wii_TruthPosted 8/12/2014 3:50:40 PM
this topic is really colorful thanks to my tag feature...yall lightin' it up!
#25Tenchi UKPosted 8/12/2014 3:54:42 PM(edited)
iKhanic posted...
Tenchi UK posted...
aren't the games in the topic title MADE by sumo digital,media molecule and Q-games respectively?

All owned by Sony I believe.

sumo digital did the sonic racing game iirc.

i think the difference behind being owned by sony is that all 3 games are from vastly different studios where nintendo has fewer teams from what i remember and are all part of the same company.

an example would be team ninja (dead or alive, metroid other M etc) and gust (Atelier series) are all under tecmo koei but both teams games are vastly different in style.
---
Pear into Peaches!
#26iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2014 4:03:13 PM
Murderstorm117 posted...
Rime that is all

Sony isn't making Rime. Tequila Studios is making the game, Sony is just publishing it.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#27QueskerPosted 8/12/2014 4:19:32 PM
iKhanic posted...
Quesker posted...
I guess since they're not exactly common material to get used to, especially Tearaway, since real life paper aesthetics (as in, not something like Paper Mario)...haven't exactly been done before, and thus people aren't as comfortable. Similar deal with LittleBigPlanet, although I don't think the hate is quite as, for a lack of better word unfortunately, "valid" in this instance. What's especially not "valid" is for The Tomorrow Children, since from what I can tell from the trailer, the "ugly" artstyle is the whole point. It's hard to explain in words, but you'll probably know what I'm talking about hopefully.

Still, I personally wouldn't call them ugly, per say, especially for LBP.

I don't think trying to send a message justifies a game looking ugly. It can look nice, but still convey a certain tone or message.

Depending on what you're going for, it kind of does justify it. If it looks off, perhaps they're trying to say something through that off-ness? That's what I get from this trailer, anyhow.
---
7 is good. I swear the school's 75-100 grading scale has ruined peoples perception of things.
-MillionGunmannn
#28mw5178Posted 8/12/2014 4:21:14 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
Iokua posted...

Their gaming division is. The company isn't.
#29AhnoldDoodPosted 8/12/2014 4:21:58 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...

They may have lost 6 billion over the years and if Nintendo's money can fight it'd be kicking Sony's ass, but hey, small steps.
---
http://jp7.r0tt.com/l_b29b5cc0-d1af-11e1-a806-4f908e000007.jpg
#30orcus_snakePosted 8/12/2014 4:24:44 PM
Tearaway ugly?

What the heck are you somking, that **** was majestic.
---
"Warwick are you jungling"
"No I'm standing by the wolves because I miss my family"