So there was a Sony/MS conference, I feel sad that we Nintendo fans didn't get..

#21MushroomMuncherPosted 8/12/2014 5:16:37 PM
We couldn't have had Reggie and Iwata duking it out at a conference, could we?
---
You're not dominant until you dominate everything.
http://i.imgur.com/ddyLVul.png
#22EmperorDoomPosted 8/12/2014 5:20:07 PM
BladeManEXE posted...
PS4Warrior posted...
Yes, going from a conference with a room full of people, to an internet streaming direct with no one else is easily going backwards.

Nintendo is bypassing the room full of journalists, cutting out the fat of typical stage presentations such as pointless celebrity appearances, and broadcasting game information directly to gamers. That's definitely a step forward.

I really like that Nintendo did this. E3 is essentially the gaming industries Comic Con International, yet only press are allowed. The premiere gaming show of the year should be accessible to everyone. Nintendo doing their Directs directly to us is a nice way to give something to the general public gamers.
---
"The clapping shall go on for another hour. Have the first one who stops clapping brought out and shot."
--Victor von Doom (Earth-616)
#23PS4WarriorPosted 8/12/2014 5:23:54 PM
Starwars4J posted...
PS4Warrior posted...
Yes, going from a conference with a room full of people, to an internet streaming direct with no one else is easily going backwards.

Apparently not, as Nintendo overwhelmingly is considered to have had the best E3 showing. Embracing the digital streaming age with great videos that couldn't be done with old fashioned stage shows filled by awkward transitions, demos that don't work or have glitches, etc.

You can expect Sony/Microsoft to try to play catchup with similar events at next year's E3.

People were saying the same thing last year, and both Sony and Microsoft still had stage shows this year. Nintendo is the only one that thinks premade video conferences is somehow the future.
#24Starwars4JPosted 8/12/2014 5:26:50 PM
PS4Warrior posted...
People were saying the same thing last year, and both Sony and Microsoft still had stage shows this year. Nintendo is the only one that thinks premade video conferences is somehow the future.

Last year Nintendo didn't have near-universal agreement that they won E3. Microsoft and Sony unveiled new hardware and thus had strong shows. This year? Not so much. People were ragging on Nintendo after E3 2013 saying that they should go back to a regular show. After E3 2014? Not so much. You're in the vast minority, my friend.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#25SetzeraPosted 8/12/2014 6:56:35 PM
Digital is the way of the future anyways. It's not all going to be good, but when you think of it, Nintendo is saving resources, much like digital games is saving resources.

We still have a long way to go with digital things, but when it comes to something like a press conference, the less waste you have, the better.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Corsair | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#26587DeathkingPosted 8/12/2014 8:10:39 PM
PS4Warrior posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
Why waste time and money on a conference when Directs are much better? Worked well for E3.

You can't just have Nintendo Directs instead of full conferences at gaming shows and expect people to be fully interested in your products. Nintendo needs to show faith in their console, part of that is spending money to have a conference or two to show off new, and upcoming games, or announce new ones.

the directs are better because it can rehearsed and recorded without fearing of technical issues, also the Treehouse showed that Nintendo and developers are confident and proud to show what their game is rather than showing a GCI of what it could be.
---
You fight well worthy of the name Belmont
#27R_HunterPosted 8/12/2014 8:13:31 PM
Warrior, most of us would agree with you, had Nintendo not met with so much positive reception this year from the Digital Event.
---
NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303
Trolls gonna troll.
#28king_maddenPosted 8/12/2014 8:31:55 PM
so when nintendo spent the whole first year advertising games on nintendo directs they were said to be doing a terrible job of advertising.

now nintendo directs are the perfect way to advertise their games?

isnt the whole point to appeal to people who dont have the console? I mean nintendo directs are seen by people who own a nintendo console, or who are already interested in it.
#29king_maddenPosted 8/12/2014 8:32:38 PM
R_Hunter posted...
Warrior, most of us would agree with you, had Nintendo not met with so much positive reception this year from the Digital Event.

they didnt do anything at this event though did they?
#30DiscostewSMPosted 8/12/2014 8:50:23 PM
king_madden posted...
so when nintendo spent the whole first year advertising games on nintendo directs they were said to be doing a terrible job of advertising.

now nintendo directs are the perfect way to advertise their games?

isnt the whole point to appeal to people who dont have the console? I mean nintendo directs are seen by people who own a nintendo console, or who are already interested in it.

Because how they handled it when they first began is exactly how they're handling it now?
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project