So there was a Sony/MS conference, I feel sad that we Nintendo fans didn't get..

#31NovaLevossidaPosted 8/12/2014 10:11:25 PM
king_madden posted...
R_Hunter posted...
Warrior, most of us would agree with you, had Nintendo not met with so much positive reception this year from the Digital Event.

they didnt do anything at this event though did they?

They showed a lot of stuff, but unfortunately that didn't bolster the release schedule or anything. It's business as usual when it comes to slow release pacing, just this time around we got to see a lot of footage for things we have to wait on.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#32TerotrousPosted 8/12/2014 10:11:32 PM
We are getting something, there's going to be a Smash Bros Tournament at Gamescon. Gamescon hasn't opened to the public yet, it'll be a few more days.

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/08/nintendo-ssb-tournament-gamescom/
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/ - My novel, updates weekly
#33king_maddenPosted 8/12/2014 10:26:17 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
king_madden posted...
so when nintendo spent the whole first year advertising games on nintendo directs they were said to be doing a terrible job of advertising.

now nintendo directs are the perfect way to advertise their games?

isnt the whole point to appeal to people who dont have the console? I mean nintendo directs are seen by people who own a nintendo console, or who are already interested in it.

Because how they handled it when they first began is exactly how they're handling it now?

First year I saw little to no ads but Nintendo directs. This year I'm seeing little to no ads and Nintendo directs. What are the differences here?
#34DiscostewSMPosted 8/12/2014 10:30:13 PM
king_madden posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
king_madden posted...
so when nintendo spent the whole first year advertising games on nintendo directs they were said to be doing a terrible job of advertising.

now nintendo directs are the perfect way to advertise their games?

isnt the whole point to appeal to people who dont have the console? I mean nintendo directs are seen by people who own a nintendo console, or who are already interested in it.

Because how they handled it when they first began is exactly how they're handling it now?

First year I saw little to no ads but Nintendo directs. This year I'm seeing little to no ads and Nintendo directs. What are the differences here?

If you're going to focus on specific things rather than the general outlook, then there's no point in discussing it, as no one will change your stance.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#35R_HunterPosted 8/12/2014 10:34:19 PM
king_madden posted...

Again, the positive response during and after E3. The one so positive that for a few days the board was actually full of nothing but the Wii U owners and fans.
---
NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303
All lives begin in fecklessness, and all so end.~KMAnsem
#36king_maddenPosted 8/12/2014 10:42:43 PM
R_Hunter posted...
king_madden posted...

Again, the positive response during and after E3. The one so positive that for a few days the board was actually full of nothing but the Wii U owners and fans.

But I'm talking about the regular directs that occur throughout the year. Not just 1. Every direct that comes doesn't get the coverage that one at e3 gets, so I'm asking what they have done differently from last year. I'll ask you since disco prefers to not answer a question and instead gives a random response that means nothing. At least he did let me know there was no point in continuing to ask him.
#37Schwepps01Posted 8/12/2014 10:43:43 PM
Starwars4J posted...
Apparently not, as Nintendo overwhelmingly is considered to have had the best E3 showing. Embracing the digital streaming age with great videos that couldn't be done with old fashioned stage shows filled by awkward transitions, demos that don't work or have glitches, etc.

You can expect Sony/Microsoft to try to play catchup with similar events at next year's E3.

Exactly! In fact, I don't even know why singers host concerts anymore, or why the Oscars still exist. Why can't all this just be done through a music video or an Oscar Direct, respectively? Why do any stage events or press conferences still exist?

I know this comes down to opinion but I'd much rather watch a convention with all the hype and excitement rather than watch a middle aged CEO explain the games he knows little about to me. I'm sorry but just watch the Twilight Princess unveiling and watch the crowd reaction, I'd rather have something like that. This is nothing anti-Nintendo, I feel like no matter which company did this it would be the wrong move because it just doesn't have the same feel, I think Nintendo Directs should be reserved for non-E3 game announcements.

And let's face it, if Nintendo did have a conference, it would be pretty awkward as there is next to no 3rd party support to show off.
---
"Does that have unknown games in it?" --squatch22 inquiring if a list of announced PS4 games has unannounced games on it
#3840DribylfPosted 8/12/2014 10:51:06 PM
People point out the troll and they still get trolled
---
Rest in peace, DJ Rashad
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#39AceMosPosted 8/12/2014 11:02:17 PM
Schwepps01 posted...
Starwars4J posted...
Apparently not, as Nintendo overwhelmingly is considered to have had the best E3 showing. Embracing the digital streaming age with great videos that couldn't be done with old fashioned stage shows filled by awkward transitions, demos that don't work or have glitches, etc.

You can expect Sony/Microsoft to try to play catchup with similar events at next year's E3.

Exactly! In fact, I don't even know why singers host concerts anymore, or why the Oscars still exist. Why can't all this just be done through a music video or an Oscar Direct, respectively? Why do any stage events or press conferences still exist?

I know this comes down to opinion but I'd much rather watch a convention with all the hype and excitement rather than watch a middle aged CEO explain the games he knows little about to me. I'm sorry but just watch the Twilight Princess unveiling and watch the crowd reaction, I'd rather have something like that. This is nothing anti-Nintendo, I feel like no matter which company did this it would be the wrong move because it just doesn't have the same feel, I think Nintendo Directs should be reserved for non-E3 game announcements.

And let's face it, if Nintendo did have a conference, it would be pretty awkward as there is next to no 3rd party support to show off.

1. nice strawman

2, if the oscars where done digitally like that we would not have the pointless musical numbers and such to pad things out
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#40Schwepps01Posted 8/12/2014 11:18:21 PM(edited)
AceMos posted...
1. nice strawman

2, if the oscars where done digitally like that we would not have the pointless musical numbers and such to pad things out

Explain where the strawman was, because that word seemed to suffice your point. My interpretation of Starwars4j's argument was that things that are live are more prone to error and that it's therefore more efficient to have directs. I wasn't arguing that that Directs aren't more efficient (they are), I was responding that there's a reason why stages and press conferences where people have to sit in an auditorium or a stadium exist despite possible errors, and it's because it builds hype and promotes things that other people otherwise wouldn't know about.

In the case of concerts, it promotes bands you might not know about. In the case of presidential nominees, party conventions draw people from around the country, do you think if they just had Democrat Directs half the people would care? It would have more information but they're more likely to lose due to lack of marketing. Again, it's efficiency vs. hype, and Nintendo needs more hype than anything else.

Again, I urge you to look at past E3 Nintendo memorable unveilings and tell me if it'd be the same in a Nintendo Direct.
---
"Does that have unknown games in it?" --squatch22 inquiring if a list of announced PS4 games has unannounced games on it