#21R_HunterPosted 8/12/2014 7:42:25 PM
Hrm. I wonder when these will drop?

Maybe around the Amiibo release?
#22BrawlermattPosted 8/12/2014 8:24:52 PM
Any word on character DLC data?
---
All work and no play makes Matt a dull boy
#23DiscostewSMPosted 8/12/2014 8:26:08 PM
Would be nice if they do plan to throw in DLC tracks. Would be even nicer if they threw in DLC Battle modes similar to past iterations.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#24R_HunterPosted 8/12/2014 8:27:21 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
Would be nice if they do plan to throw in DLC tracks. Would be even nicer if they threw in DLC Battle modes similar to past iterations.

If they do, it'll silence the complainers since everyone will have courses they like.
---
NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303
I claim my time is valuable. I visit GF. I was wrong.
#25SpookyryuPosted 8/12/2014 8:28:58 PM
cris1ussen posted...
PS4Warrior posted...
Nintendo is joining with On Disc DLC i see.

That is not on-disc DLC data, is just "save slots" for future DLC, i think is called "Hex data" or something

I know because i always heard this on Animal Crossing: City Folk, the DLC for that game worked like this: there was 256 DLC "slots" for save future DLC items

But also it could be possible (by hacking) create your own items and save it on the DLC slots, that was of where the HDLC came from

Indeed, tc knows what he is talking about
#26RoboXgp89Posted 8/12/2014 8:29:21 PM
This will be so awesome I want the mario circuit and maple treeway in there from wii pronto, i don't care if it takes a year.
#27QuestionmarktariusPosted 8/12/2014 8:34:31 PM
cris1ussen posted...
PS4Warrior posted...

That is not on-disc DLC data, is just "save slots" for future DLC, i think is called "Hex data" or something

From the filesize and filetype, these are obviously some sort of image file. I don't recall any specific "you won the race!"images for any given track, though.
#28VidgmchtrPosted 8/12/2014 8:41:00 PM
RoboXgp89 posted...
This will be so awesome I want the mario circuit and maple treeway in there from wii pronto, i don't care if it takes a year.

Maple Treeway was already retro'd, it's not going to appear again for awhile. Be fair and let the other courses that haven't gotten the retro treatment have their time in the spotlight again.
#29VeiledGenesisPosted 8/12/2014 9:19:35 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
PS4Warrior posted...

Implying that those are actually DLC tracks and not placeholder files.

No, they're totally going to name their first DLC "DLC 1".

Because Nintendo CAN'T do that either.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#30Schwepps01Posted 8/12/2014 9:23:34 PM
Usually I'd jump on the bandwagon and accuse Nintendo of on disc DLC but here it just looks like it probably is some placeholder for future content, that is hopefully free. I'll wait until the actual DLC comes out to pass judgment, as of now we can only speculate.
---
"Does that have unknown games in it?" --squatch22 inquiring if a list of announced PS4 games has unannounced games on it