Nintendo realy should follow Sony and put out Demos when they are announced.

#21king_maddenPosted 8/14/2014 9:59:22 PM
BlueInfinity posted...
It's been proven multiple times Demos hurt more sales than they earn. Need to be careful. I think Nintendo's fine in releasing some demos when they're really needed (Tomadachi Life) and keeping them off to save potential sales (Smash 4-- let's face it, many of us would be just fine with only a 4-player demo).

Its not something that can actually be proven. Way too many factors.
#22Granadico_Posted 8/14/2014 10:02:07 PM
Spawngoat posted...
Granadico_ posted...

So its just a glorified trailer? That's extremely underwhelming.

More of a teaser to show what Kojima and the Fox Engine is capable of when it comes to the horror genre. I'm just making a guess about the murdered son because at the end of the teaser he says he's coming back and bringing his "toys" with him. and it'd be weird to have something like that at the end of the demo and not include it in the actual game.

Although this is a guy who will create a fake company and a fake game to trick fans so who knows what'll happen in Silent Hills.

Him and Sakurai should make a game together. They both know how to troll and tease their fanbase.
#23Pink_a_DinkPosted 8/14/2014 10:10:20 PM
Granadico_ posted...
Spawngoat posted...
Granadico_ posted...

So its just a glorified trailer? That's extremely underwhelming.

More of a teaser to show what Kojima and the Fox Engine is capable of when it comes to the horror genre. I'm just making a guess about the murdered son because at the end of the teaser he says he's coming back and bringing his "toys" with him. and it'd be weird to have something like that at the end of the demo and not include it in the actual game.

Although this is a guy who will create a fake company and a fake game to trick fans so who knows what'll happen in Silent Hills.

Him and Sakurai should make a game together. They both know how to troll and tease their fanbase.

Make people **** their pants in a horrifying demo in order to get a demo for Smash Wii U?

Hmm...
---
Without exaggeration, I can honestly say this is the best thing I've played this whole year, and its only a demo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B7rgDikl0k
#24PS4Warrior(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2014 2:36:55 AM
neogeoftw posted...
You should follow Sony and post on the ps4 boards exclusively.

Thanks for bumping my topic.
#25SSJ4CHRISPosted 8/15/2014 4:13:17 AM
Nintendo never copies anyone ever. If they do something, they are the first ever to do that. They invented videogames, after all. And apparently 3D, HD (according to fanboys), remote play (also according to fanboys, who ignore that REAL remote play was done on PS3/PSP then PS3/Vita before Wii U). The only thing they seemingly didn't invent is story in games.

Seriously though, Nintendo could and should have releases the Smash build from E3/Comic Con to the public. And Bayonetta 2. That could have increased the hype among more than just the most faithful of the Wii U fanbase.
---
The Internet allows us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history. With the possible exceptions of Handguns and Tequila!
#26ArabrockermanXPosted 8/15/2014 4:18:56 AM
I'm all for demos but the fact is that for the publishers they have little to no value. They tend to hurt sales more than help.
#27ArabrockermanXPosted 8/15/2014 4:23:51 AM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
Nintendo never copies anyone ever. If they do something, they are the first ever to do that. They invented videogames, after all. And apparently 3D, HD (according to fanboys), remote play (also according to fanboys, who ignore that REAL remote play was done on PS3/PSP then PS3/Vita before Wii U). The only thing they seemingly didn't invent is story in games.

Seriously though, Nintendo could and should have releases the Smash build from E3/Comic Con to the public. And Bayonetta 2. That could have increased the hype among more than just the most faithful of the Wii U fanbase.

Nobody takes you seriously because you sound like a 12 year old kid... You lack intelligence and by extension the ability to troll effectively.
#28JackalPosted 8/15/2014 4:32:00 AM
Demos are great in my opinion. As long as people understand that they are early and unfinished products and don't go having fits later about something that was changed, then they are good.

Do some people decide to get or skip a game based on a demo? Yes. But what's wrong with that? I've played demos of FPS to see if I could handle them because I suffer from motion sickness. There is no way that I'm going to buy a FPS and not be able to play it. Then there are the demos of games like FFVII. RE games an such that make me want the games immensely and I may play the demos repeatedly. It will be like that for each person but at least having a demo to try out is better than nothing in most cases. They shoud have more on the Wii U from Nintendo and other publishers.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#29SSJ4CHRISPosted 8/15/2014 4:41:50 AM
ArabrockermanX posted...
SSJ4CHRIS posted...

Nobody takes you seriously because you sound like a 12 year old kid... You lack intelligence and by extension the ability to troll effectively.

You lack intelligence that a 10 year old kid would show, and the common sense to know a parody of fantrolls like you. I don't care if nobody takes that post seriously; it's about a videogame. You must be the biggest Nobody around, seeing as you seriously tried to insult me over it. Learn logic, and stop being a child. You don't like what I say so you say stupid crap about me like you are the only one that can talk negative about something. That's what 8-10 year old chilren do.
---
The Internet allows us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history. With the possible exceptions of Handguns and Tequila!
#30ArabrockermanXPosted 8/15/2014 5:17:47 AM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
ArabrockermanX posted...
SSJ4CHRIS posted...

You lack intelligence that a 10 year old kid would show, and the common sense to know a parody of fantrolls like you. I don't care if nobody takes that post seriously; it's about a videogame. You must be the biggest Nobody around, seeing as you seriously tried to insult me over it. Learn logic, and stop being a child. You don't like what I say so you say stupid crap about me like you are the only one that can talk negative about something. That's what 8-10 year old chilren do.

This is exactly what I'm talking about, you always come off as an angry teenager, it isn't entertaining at all. You have the worst post on these boards please learn from more effective trolls...

Also my mistake I meant to say you lack intelligence/wit in your post. That being said you are never going to improve your writing at this rate. You've been around these boards for quite sometime and your writing style hasn't changed one bit that entire time(angry teenager with a terrible sense of sarcasm).

Nobody likes a crappy parody(that's where you are currently at), learn how to write better parodies or use a different method to troll the fanboys.