Apparently lego is starting their own smart figurines

#1Snow-DustPosted 8/12/2014 9:46:10 PM(edited)
http://www.engadget.com/2014/06/19/lego-fusion/

Well more like smart bricks. So far it seems to only work with smart phones and touch pads but do you think this could be potential competition with the amiibos?
#2DiscostewSMPosted 8/12/2014 9:47:14 PM
I spotted "Fake Scan".
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#3R_HunterPosted 8/12/2014 9:47:50 PM
To most? No.

To people that like Nintendo and build Lego models for recreation, like myself? Possibly.

To kids? They're getting both, and killing their parents' wallets in the process.
---
NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303
Trolls gonna troll.
#4Snow-Dust(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2014 9:52:39 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
I spotted "Fake Scan".

Maybe this scan is fake but overall the news is very real

R_Hunter posted...
To most? No.

To people that like Nintendo and build Lego models for recreation, like myself? Possibly.

To kids? They're getting both, and killing their parents' wallets in the process.

Unless they had strict parents like mine and never bought anything for the kids unless it's an essential. But parents like those barely exist anymore, now they spoil the kid with iPads at the age of 2
#5Starwars4JPosted 8/12/2014 11:56:00 PM
The premises are quite different, they're not competition any more than any recreational hobby items compete for the same dollar.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#6NinjaGamer_23Posted 8/13/2014 2:08:19 AM
Snow-Dust posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
I spotted "Fake Scan".

Maybe this scan is fake but overall the news is very real

R_Hunter posted...
To most? No.

Unless they had strict parents like mine and never bought anything for the kids unless it's an essential. But parents like those barely exist anymore, now they spoil the kid with iPads at the age of 2

Some parents of the kids are rich enough to afford and maybe the Ipad they let the kid play is the parents?
#7SSJ4CHRISPosted 8/13/2014 4:19:36 AM
The LEGO brick app thing is just for tablets and mobile (for now). It seems catered more exclusively to LEGO fans than gamers.
---
The Internet allows us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history. With the possible exceptions of Handguns and Tequila!
#8Kromlech06Posted 8/13/2014 4:32:12 AM
"For most kids, if you simply give them a pile of bricks and tell them to build something, they go blank," says Pedersen.

Wut.

The hell.

Are these kids.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957