Did the whole "giant enemy crab" thing already happen for Hyrule Warriors?

#11cadorPosted 8/14/2014 6:02:49 AM
We are excite!
---
"Corn-cob-man? There's a lot of sick people in this town."- Red Guy
#12Demon_AckerPosted 8/14/2014 6:18:17 AM
vermilion99 posted...
DTY3 posted...
vermilion99 posted...
It was a terrible part of the Sony conference that year. However, it's ironic that Nintendo fanboys bashed the conference and that game in particular and are now praising Hyrule Warriors. Funny how the world spins.

I don't see the correlation between the two.

The fact that it was a spinoff DW game that fanboys were bashing when it was shown for the PS3. Not one Nintendo fanboy on here would have praised that game yet they are now drooling over another DW spinoff because it's on a Nintendo console.

Lol, amazing
---
http://i.minus.com/i9BFFFKqGH8Je.gif
#13Prince ShondronaiPosted 8/14/2014 6:29:20 AM
"This game is set shortly after the events of Skyward Sword. So here's Midna..."

j/k, I know it's a time/space mashup story of some sort.
---
Lobotomy means never having to say you're sorry.
#14jillwarrenPosted 8/14/2014 6:45:06 AM
Demon_Acker posted...
vermilion99 posted...
DTY3 posted...
vermilion99 posted...
It was a terrible part of the Sony conference that year. However, it's ironic that Nintendo fanboys bashed the conference and that game in particular and are now praising Hyrule Warriors. Funny how the world spins.

The fact that it was a spinoff DW game that fanboys were bashing when it was shown for the PS3. Not one Nintendo fanboy on here would have praised that game yet they are now drooling over another DW spinoff because it's on a Nintendo console.

Lol, amazing

What's amazing about it? The fact that he is pulling crap out of his butt?

No one was making fun of that game, they were making fun of the way it was advertised. Add to that the ridiculous assumption that fans of Nintendo apparently cannot like games on other systems, and only like this game because of the system it's on.

Fact is that Hyrule Warriors has been pushed in all of the right ways, and the game looks better than the traditional DW game by a mile. It may not actually be that, but it sure looks that way. Now if one of the key advertisements was, "featuring GIANT ENEMY MOBLINS, which showcase the REAL POWER OF THE WII-U!" then the game would be laughed off the internet.

In short, there was nothing amazing about his poor attempt at trolling.
---
NN: peteywarren PSN: peteywarren0829
I give God all glory. Just so you know, I am a guy; my wife picked this username.
#15SegavsCapcomPosted 8/14/2014 6:48:08 AM
I assume so.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#16gotsporkPosted 8/14/2014 7:06:57 AM(edited)
yeah, no one was bashing the game.

what they were bashing was "historical accuracy"="giant enemy crab"

and that they acted like "real time weapon change" and 'hitting a boss's weak point' were innovations.
---
mreow!
spork for president - metroid composite
#17QuestionmarktariusPosted 8/14/2014 8:55:41 AM
vermilion99 posted...

The whole point of the meme is the unintentionally hilarious juxtaposition of “famous battles which actually took place in ancient Japan” and “giant enemy crab”
#18Wii_TruthPosted 8/14/2014 8:58:42 AM
epic press conference was epic

I think I will watch it again today for the lolz
#19Demon_AckerPosted 8/14/2014 10:00:05 AM(edited)
jillwarren posted...
Demon_Acker posted...
vermilion99 posted...
DTY3 posted...
vermilion99 posted...

Lol, amazing

What's amazing about it? The fact that he is pulling crap out of his butt?

No one was making fun of that game, they were making fun of the way it was advertised. Add to that the ridiculous assumption that fans of Nintendo apparently cannot like games on other systems, and only like this game because of the system it's on.

Fact is that Hyrule Warriors has been pushed in all of the right ways, and the game looks better than the traditional DW game by a mile. It may not actually be that, but it sure looks that way. Now if one of the key advertisements was, "featuring GIANT ENEMY MOBLINS, which showcase the REAL POWER OF THE WII-U!" then the game would be laughed off the internet.

In short, there was nothing amazing about his poor attempt at trolling.

Pretty much, yes. What he said made no sense, that's what I found amazing.
---
http://i.minus.com/i9BFFFKqGH8Je.gif