Best controller of all time? Close...

#1sarevokmbPosted 8/13/2014 5:14:48 AM
No, not the Wii U gamepad. I actually kind of dislike it. The way that you hold it makes moving straight feel really awkward. Even after playing through 200 hours of Monster Hunter, I still can't get used to it. Also, having my hands so far apart when holding it feels really odd.

Then I bought the Pro Controller. Holy ****, is this controller awesome. It has the benefit of the DualShock level analog sticks without the annoying position at the bottom of the controller. It feels like the Xbox 360 controller, but with better analog placement and a better feel to it (also, without the 360's annoying battery pack in the back).

My only problem is the triggers. I guess that they wanted to keep it consistent with the gamepad, but not having real triggers kind of sucks. At least they aren't as bad as the Dual Shock 3/Sixaxxis triggers, though.
---
GET YOUR TRIGGER ON! (This is my catch fraise)
NNID: GokaiSilver
#2Pink_a_DinkPosted 8/13/2014 5:33:54 AM
If you want good triggers, try the Dualshock 4. Even if you don't have a PS4, just feel the control... Its glorious.

But yeah, the Pro Controller is superior in almost every way compared to the Gamepad. Many people disagree, though.
---
My reaction when stupid people say stupid things - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBVhfdduwfo
The Wii U board is seriously just awful.
#3Baha05Posted 8/13/2014 5:35:21 AM
Ummmm tough call for me but I guess the 360 controller? I really have not had a more comfortable controller since then.
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS
#4sarevokmb(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2014 5:38:43 AM
Pink_a_Dink posted...
If you want good triggers, try the Dualshock 4. Even if you don't have a PS4, just feel the control... Its glorious.

But yeah, the Pro Controller is superior in almost every way compared to the Gamepad. Many people disagree, though.

I do really like the DS4, but the analog placement still feels a little off for me, and the touch pad feels a little gimicky, too. Not as annoying as the Vita's back touch pad, but still, you'd think they'd have learned. I HATE the One's controller, though. A HUGE step back from the 360's excellent controller.

Oh yeah, and I forgot. The Pro Controller's amazing d-pad... So big and accurate. The D-pad is one the 360 controller's only flaws.
---
GET YOUR TRIGGER ON! (This is my catch fraise)
NNID: GokaiSilver
#5Legend053180Posted 8/13/2014 5:43:39 AM
I actually have zero problems with the gamepad. And since the Pro is nearly the cost of a game, and I can't afford many games as it is, I'll stick with the Pad.
Besides that, my WiiU is used off-screen more than on-screen, even if I'm in front of an available TV, sometimes the Pad's screen is just easier on the eyes (distance wise).
#6PigfartsPosted 8/13/2014 6:10:37 AM
my custom made arcade stick. If not that I like the playstation duel shock 3 and xb 360 the same.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#7iKhanicPosted 8/13/2014 7:35:01 AM
The GCN had the best triggers, with both a digital and analog setting.

By the way, I don't get everyone's obsession with the 360 controller. The controller is the epitome of compromise, not being great for any particular game, but not being bad either.

The Dualshock 4 and GCN controllers are FAR more comfortable.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#8MAZZIVEdamagePosted 8/13/2014 7:36:42 AM
I don't like the L and R triggers on the Pro Controller, but other than that it is great. And shiny.
#9sketchturnerPosted 8/13/2014 7:38:59 AM
I love the GCN, 360, and Pro Controller. But overall I'd say the Pro Controller is my favorite.
---
Now Playing:Legend of Zelda, Bit.Trip.Runner 2, Shovel Knight, Super Mario 3D World
#10Krambo42Posted 8/13/2014 7:39:41 AM
I've never used the Pro controller, but it doesn't look comfortable to me! I hate the placement of those A, B, X and Y buttons...they look like they would be so difficult to use! I really can't imagine using this controller the way it's set up. Is it more comfortable than it looks? I guess it must be, the way everybody talks about this thing.