Had Nintendo known back then how the Wii U would perform, would they have

#1MellowLyricistPosted 8/13/2014 1:37:42 PM
targeted core gamers more, or do you think they would still have focused more on family friendly / casual appeal, except with a different, clearer strategy? Would focusing too much on the PlayStation / Xbox crowd have been even worse?
---
Children, send me back home
For this is the reason you were born
#2bigjnycPosted 8/13/2014 1:55:55 PM
I think you should try to target as many people as possiable. Nintendo should have postioned this system as the system anyone could enjoy. You have the games for the hard core gamers you have the kid games you have the family games you have the casual games you have the old people games. In my opinon anyone that had an extra $350 dollars laying around or could at least get $350 dollars should have been targeted. Nintendo biggest mistake was there was not a marketing blitz before and after the system was released.
---
XBL Mii Verse-bigJnyc. Feel free to add me message me Gamefaqs. I get Nintendo systems for Mario and Zelda Xbox systems for Halo and Gears of War
#3AstralFrostPosted 8/13/2014 1:58:17 PM
Had they known they probably would have released games for PS4 instead. Save a bucketload on R&D and have a much larger market on a more powerful console.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#4AhnoldDoodPosted 8/13/2014 2:00:05 PM
bigjnyc posted...
I think you should try to target as many people as possiable.

Trying to please everyone leads to failure.

They should've targeted one large demographic.

And indeed, they should have marketed it better.
---
http://jp7.r0tt.com/l_b29b5cc0-d1af-11e1-a806-4f908e000007.jpg
#5KONGAKREWPosted 8/13/2014 2:02:50 PM
AstralFrost posted...
Had they known they probably would have released games for PS4 instead. Save a bucketload on R&D and have a much larger market on a more powerful console.

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8
---
Not changing sig until a new 3D Donkey Kong Platformer is announced. Started 8/6/08
#6bigjnycPosted 8/13/2014 2:23:33 PM
There is no one large demographic. There is only so many hardcore gamers out there. There are only so many casuals out there. You need to hit as many people as you can and make sure they have a reason to come back. You need to retain and expand your base.
---
XBL Mii Verse-bigJnyc. Feel free to add me message me Gamefaqs. I get Nintendo systems for Mario and Zelda Xbox systems for Halo and Gears of War
#7MellowLyricist(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 7:41:19 AM
I still think they need to name something the SNES 2 or something.
---
Children, send me back home
For this is the reason you were born