Why do people say the Wii U is a failure?

#1DiayamondoPosted 8/13/2014 1:51:19 PM
Since when do sales equal quality? It's just sad that the Wii U is picked on by others. It has issues in its low power and lack of third party support, but it's still a fun console.
#2vattodevPosted 8/13/2014 1:53:48 PM
Because most people think that being popular is more important than having fun.
---
Have fun with whatever you like instead of telling people that they are having fun the wrong way.
3DS FC: 0748-3443-8121
#3CubeTVPosted 8/13/2014 1:56:31 PM(edited)
Diayamondo posted...
quality?

Quality? Wii U? There's not much to be found outside Mario Kart 8 (at least with exclusives), The Wonderful 101 and Wii Fit U. I want to like mine, but the system is pretty dang bad in so many ways. The system is pretty dang mixed.
---
Owner of: Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo GameCube, N64, Gameboy Advance and a PS1.
Want: A better computer, a PS3 and a new PSP. Don't like the PS2 & Wii
#4AstralFrostPosted 8/13/2014 1:56:11 PM
It can be the best product ever made, if it doesn't sell its a failure, thats basically the definition of it.

That aside its basically worse than the competition in every way, the only thing going for it is playing Nintendo games.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#5simpsons403Posted 8/13/2014 1:56:26 PM
Fantastic system. Just got mine 2 months ago and have a ton of games to play and am loving all of them. Despite its sales it is definitely a quality system.
---
Listening to: Anberlin
Playing: Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3
#6vattodevPosted 8/13/2014 1:56:43 PM
CubeTV posted...
Diayamondo posted...
quality?

Quality? Wii U? There's not much to be found outside Mario Kart 8. I want to like mine, but the system is pretty dang bad in so many ways.

I couldn't disagree more. IMO it lacks quantity, not quality. Many Wii U games are among my favourites in their respective series and genre.
---
Have fun with whatever you like instead of telling people that they are having fun the wrong way.
3DS FC: 0748-3443-8121
#7Diayamondo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2014 1:56:51 PM
CubeTV posted...
Diayamondo posted...
quality?

Quality? Wii U? There's not much to be found outside Mario Kart 8. I want to like mine, but the system is pretty dang bad in so many ways.

Different opinions, dude. I've had mine for three days and I've turned it on everyday and played it.
#8CubeTVPosted 8/13/2014 1:58:30 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9retrogoodsPosted 8/13/2014 2:00:08 PM
CubeTV posted...
Diayamondo posted...
quality?

This is another obligatory Diayamondo topic, but I'll bite the bullet. Almost seven million in almost two years is very pathetic. The library is lacking outside of the yearly Mario titles and whatever Nintendo can pump out. Their marketing is mainly on Nickelodeon and other kids channels. The price is high considering the hardware. Not many are confident in the system. Even with the boosts it gets, it goes back to selling abysmally. I'd say once there's a report for July, then people will see if people are either interested or not interested in Wii U.
---
Look at my game collection before spouting out that I have brand loyalty to one company. http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/retrogoods/games/owned
#10CubeTVPosted 8/13/2014 2:01:00 PM
Darn... Accidently deleted my post.

Diayamondo posted...

Different opinions, dude. I've had mine for three days and I've turned it on everyday and played it.

That's true. I do like mine a little bit, but feel ashamed to like it because it is the Wii U and if I should like something that is just so... meh. Plus maybe if Nintendo sees more people not liking it, they might actually try fixing it.

Just so conflicted on the system as a whole.
---
Owner of: Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo GameCube, N64, Gameboy Advance and a PS1.
Want: A better computer, a PS3 and a new PSP. Don't like the PS2 & Wii