Why do people say the Wii U is a failure?

#21Demon_AckerPosted 8/13/2014 3:07:33 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
sonic777 posted...
By your logic, the PS3 launch price of $600 was "low" because Sony were losing money on it.

They weren't losing money on it when it was 600 freaking dollars.

They were losing a ton of money, even when it was 600$
---
http://i.minus.com/i9BFFFKqGH8Je.gif
#22sonic777Posted 8/13/2014 3:08:46 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
They weren't losing money on it when it was 600 freaking dollars.

God Almighty, it takes an extreme amount of dedication to be this dumb.

Yes, they were selling PS3 at a loss. The cost of the PS3 to build was over 800, they sold at 600. That's a loss.

No point arguing with you. On ignore you go.
---
The moderators will not use your past moderation history against you unless you have a past moderation history. If you do, they'll use it against you. Explain.
#23SlimeSwayzePosted 8/13/2014 3:09:29 PM
I still can't really justify my purchase of a Wii U, so I feel like the console has failed me in that sense.
---
Don't post something you'd be ashamed to show your parents or your children.
#24AhnoldDoodPosted 8/13/2014 3:09:49 PM
Demon_Acker posted...
They were losing a ton of money, even when it was 600$

So it was.

@sonic777:

There'a a pretty big different between 300 and 600.
---
http://jp7.r0tt.com/l_b29b5cc0-d1af-11e1-a806-4f908e000007.jpg
#25AhnoldDoodPosted 8/13/2014 3:10:32 PM
sonic777 posted...
God Almighty, it takes an extreme amount of dedication to be this dumb.

You say that like you know from experience.

Read my other recent post, slowpoke.
---
#26vattodevPosted 8/13/2014 3:11:28 PM
CubeTV posted...
Darn... Accidently deleted my post.

Diayamondo posted...

Different opinions, dude. I've had mine for three days and I've turned it on everyday and played it.

That's true. I do like mine a little bit, but feel ashamed to like it because it is the Wii U and if I should like something that is just so... meh. Plus maybe if Nintendo sees more people not liking it, they might actually try fixing it.

Just so conflicted on the system as a whole.

I'm going to give two advices:
1- Why are you ashamed of liking something? I thought that we were living in an era that people had the freedom to like whatever they want.
2- If you play Super Mario 3D World, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Wonderful 101, NSMBU (with Luigi DLC), Zelda Wind Waker HD and still think that the game lacks quality then I strongly advise you to sell the console because you don't like the kind of games that they make. The problem is probably not with the games or the console, it's with your taste. You should try finding a console that has more games of other genres.
---
Have fun with whatever you like instead of telling people that they are having fun the wrong way.
3DS FC: 0748-3443-8121
#27WahshniEhPosted 8/13/2014 3:13:30 PM
less than 7 million sold in nearly 2 years, even after getting mario kart 8, 3d mario, 2d mario, wii fit u etc. basically most of it's biggest games. while ps4 is above 10 million units sold in 9 months without even an uncharted, god of war, gran turismo, ratchet & clank etc. or any of the big 3rd party games like call of duty, assasin's creed, destiny, gta etc.
So yeah, you do the math
---
X > X-2 > XII > IX > Dissidia > VI > Tactics > XIII > VII > V > XIII-2 > III > IV > I > II > LR> VIII
#28AhnoldDoodPosted 8/13/2014 3:15:35 PM
WahshniEh posted...
less than 7 million sold in nearly 2 years, even after getting mario kart 8

Mario Kart 8 came out 2 months ago and still boosted sales. "Even with"? How much did you think it was suppose to sell?

2d mario

2D Mario made about 2 million console sales with Nintendo Land, so yeah, it did a good job.

while ps4 is above 10 million units sold in 9 months without even an uncharted, god of war, gran turismo, ratchet & clank etc. or any of the big 3rd party games like call of duty, assasin's creed, destiny, gta etc.

People get lucky sometimes.

Note how you didn't mention the XO.
---
#29mw5178Posted 8/13/2014 3:17:19 PM
WahshniEh posted...
less than 7 million sold in nearly 2 years, even after getting mario kart 8, 3d mario, 2d mario, wii fit u etc. basically most of it's biggest games. while ps4 is above 10 million units sold in 9 months without even an uncharted, god of war, gran turismo, ratchet & clank etc. or any of the big 3rd party games like call of duty, assasin's creed, destiny, gta etc.
So yeah, you do the math

The issue with this logic is that you assume those games will also sell more consoles. Not always. If everyone has a PS4 already then they'll just buy the game for it.
#30sonic777Posted 8/13/2014 3:19:27 PM
mw5178 posted...
The issue with this logic is that you assume those games will also sell more consoles. Not always. If everyone has a PS4 already then they'll just buy the game for it.

The issue with your logic is: Sony has never failed to have a console sell less than 80 million units, so it looks like their fan base is much larger than Nintendo's, which until Wii, was in decline with each generation.
---
The moderators will not use your past moderation history against you unless you have a past moderation history. If you do, they'll use it against you. Explain.